the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Corolla/Manual remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
64mercury 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2015 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 64mercury
Helping someone install a prostart 3271. This corolla is a manual, does it require the clutch safety switch to be bypassed during cranking Or does the key bypass module (ADS-TB) take car of that too? AS the last time I did a remote starter on a manual trans truck (long time ago) I had to wire in a relay for this. I have little info this remote starter other than the basic wiring input/output info and no wiring diagrams so far for this car.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2015 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I don't do many MT vehicles either ( liability issues ). Easy way to test. With car off and transmission in neutral, try to start it with the key without depressing the clutch pedal. It shouldn't crank due to the clutch interlock. Hold the key in the START position and slowly depress the clutch pedal. At some point near the bottom of pedal travel it will crank.
I can't find any wire guide info for this vehicle that lists the clutch interlock but a quick visual check will find a connector or two at the top of the clutch linkage. There might be two switches, one for cruise control that activates at the beginning of pedal movement and another for the starter interlock that actuates at the bottom of pedal travel. Use a DMM to check to see what wires do what.
Use a SPDT relay controlled by a R/S signal like (-) Starter or (-) Ignition to effect the clutch bypass ( Pin 30 to Pin 87 ).
Soldering is fun!
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2015 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerjames76

I do manual transmission vehicles as long as it is a manual trans ready unit, and the vehicle is not a convertible (including jeeps).

I show

Clutch pedal     black      (+)       clutch switch, white 2 pin plug, pin 2

So a starter signal via a relay should operate the clutch bypass for you. Not familiar with the unit you described but I would use a negative starter output from the remote start to control the relay..

If negative starter is not available T off from the main starter output and put GWR Ground While Running to the ground side of the relay. You don't want it to operate from the starter signal from the key switch!

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
64mercury 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2015 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 64mercury
The guy(sons friend) took it to a shop on the weekend to get it done as without some instructions from the company it was pointless.But shop had difficulty with the remote starter unit itself and made him take it back to where he got it from twice now. I had a peak under the dash and it looks like they did a neat job(I've seen some messed up stuff over the years) and ran a wire to the clutch switch right from the remote start unit or bypass module. It was hard to see exactly. I hope they get it working for him.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2015 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Not a good product from what I've heard.
64mercury 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2015 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 64mercury
He was by with and its works! They plugged the 3rd unit in and it worked properly. Good grief not sure what was going on with them. I installed the same brand years back when I did that sort of thing and yes we had faulty units now and then but never had 3 in a row!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2015 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
66% failure rate, wonderful I'd recommend this product to no one!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic