the12volt.com spacer
icon

Avital 4X03 and factory alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2015 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pentavolvo
I'm sure I have a spare harness for relay outputs if you need one
blubird302 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2015 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blubird302
pentavolvo wrote:
I'm sure I have a spare harness for relay outputs if you need one
Thanks Pentavolvo, I may ask you about that first I want to see what Dave says since he's the only one that has been replying to my posts. I may also just decide to get a whole new system and install it myself, which is what I should have done in the first place, thanks!
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2015 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.

blubird302 wrote:
Thanks Dave for your help and I hope you got some other ideas for the relay.

You're welcome.

The Envoy brown wire only powers the stereo, wipers, and perhaps the seats. (I don't remember). These don't need to be powered in an unoccupied car. Remove the guy's jumper. See if it solves the fast start. If it does, decide if you need the radio and wipers during a Remote Start. If so, you'll need to obtain the 4-pin harness. Personally, I'd go back to the installer and make him give me the parts (the 4-pin harness) that came with my unit. I may or may not take the opportunity to tell him what shoddy workmanship I found under the dash of my car.

blubird302 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2015 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blubird302
Well I got in to it this weekend and I got the relay connected for the brown acc wire, still had the fast start issue. After that I started getting in to the settings for the menus and I did hook up my test light, which worked out great. The light I have had a white LED to show it has power, a red one for 12V and green for ground, I hooked it up to the horn output (negative) and sure enough it was blinking green! I also found out (that the manual doesn't tell you) that if you use the start button to select options it will blink the number of the option you pick with the LED on the module.
Well to make this short, I found out that on Menu 2 option 1 (Engine Checking) the option was off, I'm not sure why but I changed it to the virtual tach and now it has the delay that it's suppose to do, and so far the alarm has not gone off either so I hope this fixed it! But I did get in there and got in the heavy gauge wiring and soldered all of that, so that part is good. Again thanks for your replies Dave you have been some good help!
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2015 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.

Great news that you have it working. Thanks for the follow-up. I learned something. That "engine checking" affects crank activation time. I've never noticed that. I do turn engine checking = OFF when setting up or testing a system out on the bench, but I return it to "tachometer" for the actual installation.. I've never used Virtual tach either. I'm a DIY'r,, not an installer doing this every day, so I've only done a handful of installs for myself or friends, therefore my depth of experience is limited compared some old-timers.. . I've always used actual tach connections in my personal installs, because I know where the tach wire is and can be easily accessed.

I didn't know that engine checking could be responsible for your "fast start" deal. Now I do. Thanks again.

blubird302 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2015 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blubird302
Well I'm back. The delay starting is still working fine but when I started it after work today the factory alarm started going off again, so now I'm thinking that maybe the bypass module is bad because it's always random when it happens. This is also a wire that I did not solder so since it is at random I suppose it could be a bad connection at times. I think first I will try to program it again and see what happens, maybe the installer didn't do it the right way, anyways I'll keep updating and let ya know.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic