the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4706V & 4806V Starter Kill wiring?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mduong25 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2015 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mduong25
On both of these units, there is no Green wire like the other units for starter kill. Can someone help or show how to wire a starter kill with the available heavy gauge wires in the picture below? Are Viper units normally open or close starter interrupt wiring? If a vehicle has 2 starter wires how would it be wired differently for starter kill?Viper 4706V & 4806V Starter Kill wiring? - Last Post -- posted image.
dairyboy3 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2015 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dairyboy3
These models wont have the green wire for starter kill because they don't have the alarm feature, only remote start and keyless entry. But you can make your own with a relay and using the orange Ground When Armed wire which is on the 6 pin main harness.
86- ignition
85- GWA(orange wire of viper)
87- Not used
87a- Key side of starter wire
30- starter side of starter wire.
If there are 2 starter wires, which is common in Toyotas, you can do this for both, but its on really needed for one since you would need both starters wires to start the car.
mduong25 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2015 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mduong25
I believe the way you have suggested is for a "normally closed starter kill relay setup"...I know there is a normally open setup too. Do you know when it is appropriate to use one setup over the other or does it matter as I do not understand the logic when to use which setup? Also, if you wanted to wire two starter wires, do you split the orange wire from the viper remote as there is only one wire?
mduong25 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2015 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mduong25
mduong25 wrote:
I believe the way you have suggested is for a "normally closed starter kill relay setup"...I know there is a normally open setup too. Do you know when it is appropriate to use one setup over the other or does it matter as I do not understand the logic when to use which setup? Also, if you wanted to wire two starter wires, do you split the orange wire from the viper remote as there is only one wire?
Also, is a DIODE require for starter kills?
ranger098 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2015 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ranger098
Can anyone tell me if this relay is required or optional? I'm in the middle of my install and rand into this same question.... 2005 Tacoma.
hey
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2015 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

ranger098

Starter Kill / Anti-Grind is optional.

However, on your Taco, you have 2 Ignition wires and 2 Starter wires besides the Accessory wire.  You will need an additional relay to

power all the ignition circuits during a remote start.  You should never connect one R/S ignition output wire to two vehicle ignition wires.

If you need more help, start a new post with all the particulars ( Brand and Model of R/S, etc ) so we can assist.

Soldering is fun!
ranger098 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2015 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ranger098
I successfully got my install done, everything seems to work fine. Is there anything i should be concerned about regarding the 2 ignition wires? I used a post from tacomaworld and there was no reference of this topic and people havent had any issues (that were reported at least)
hey

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic