icon

Kicker S18X SoloX 18 Subwoofer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jstearns 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2003 at 3:19 AM / IP Logged  

I just saw this on on a site bor about a thousand bucks (US) and wonderd if it was a good buy.  I am also wondering if people think it is just a bit too big for an extened cab truck with 4 6X9s at 400W peak each. the specs are as follows

Size (IN., CM)18, 45.7
Impedance (OHMS)1Kicker S18X SoloX 18 Subwoofer - Last Post -- posted image. DVC, 2Kicker S18X SoloX 18 Subwoofer - Last Post -- posted image. DVC
Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK)10000
Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS RMS) 5000
Sensitivity (dB 1W/1M)89.7
Frequency Response (HZ)

18-100

I was also wondering if i should just stick with 2 Kicker 15's.  thanks

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2003 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
$1000 is about the going price for the new 18's. As far as upgradeing to the 18 i think you would be better off staying with your curent set up. You will probably get more output from the 2 15's and definatly some cleaner bass. The only disavantage is that the 18 can go alittle deeper. $1000 is about the going price for the new 18's. As far as upgrading to the 18 I think you would be better off staying with your current set up. You will probably get more output from the 2 15's and defiantly some cleaner bass. The only disadvantage is that the 18 can go a little deeper.
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2003 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
From what I have heard around town(Tulsa, OK) is that your extended cab won't be enough to house this beast. Gary Biggs(IASCA world champ) tested one out for Kicker and had to use it free air and hit 159 spl with it being WAY under powered. Another shop here in town is getting ready to strap 4 kx 1200.1's to the solo18x. They did it with 2 1200.1's and it shook everything so bad that the wall of peg board on the other side of the shop fell out of the wall. That's just sick. I would hate to see what it would do with 4!
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic