the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 honda pilot autopage rs-665-2w

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
souljah972 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2015 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote souljah972
I am going to install this Autopage rs-665-2w in my 2011 Honda Pilot with the idatalink ADS DLSL-CA2. This is only my third full install remote start, first being a Viper second also an autopage But it has been about 5 years. I have some questions with a few connections on this Autopage RS 665.
1.     Parking lights- my car has a positive at the dash fuse box and negative at the headlight switch, I am thinking of grounding the parking light input from the alarm because I have a negative at the headlight switch. Pic attached
2011 honda pilot autopage rs-665-2w - Last Post -- posted image.
2.     Do I need to do this? I don’t see a reason to
3.     Can I hook up the (2) 12 volt inputs from the H1 6pin, and the System power 12 volt from the H2 5 pin all to my white (50a) 12 volt at the ignition?
4.     Can you tell me if this looks correct the ADS should take care of most of the red x’s and some aren’t necessary.
Thanks!
Live For The Music
souljah972 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2015 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote souljah972
I think I am good on the parking lights, i am going to cat the relay input wire and ground it, then connect the output wire to the + at the dash fuse box even though it does say switch.
Now the orange - i have come to the conclusion that is only used when connecting a starter kill relay. Which i am not. So not connecting that wire.
I think i will be okay if i go ahead and hook up all three 12 volt wire from the alarm to the 12volt white(50a) from the car.
I sure i am good from there that the ADS will handle the rest.
The only thing now is this IMPORTANT note from the idatalink install guide, since i am using the data mode it shows that the ADS will take care of the GWR input and outputs.
Live For The Music
souljah972 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2015 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote souljah972
Well I got it all done I was right on the parking lights, I hooked up all three 12 volt wires to the 12volt(50a) at the ignition. Didnt worry about the GWR since the ADS module was handling it.
I did have issues with the R/S at first took me awhile to figure out, realized that I had to program the R/S for voltage check. I was not getting any led flashing from the ADS when trying to start so I was thinking that it had something to do with the GWR but I knew the ADS programmed fine and it was in D2D mode. So went through all the programming then it worked. My wife doesnt like the big 2w remote, my niece said what is that a cellphone.
Live For The Music

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic