the12volt.com spacer
icon

67 camaro, Compustar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tekin 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2015 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tekin
I have a 67 Camaro using a compustar CM4000 brain
upon initial power up the siren was super faint but going off, led flashing. I am not sure why or what is wrong
options added
-starter kill RELAY
-door lock actuator RELAY
-trunk popper    RELAY
-light flash
-door pin
- hood pin
no remote start cause it is a carburetor car
-forgot to add ground wire at intial startup but realized right away
-what would cause that problem, and now it does not respond unless you swipe the power wire 3-4 times across the battery and then the alarm siren fully blares for 3 seconds, and remotes do not respond at all, cant even get to valet mode.
tekin 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2015 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tekin
all that was last night this morning went out and put power again and only connected
-ground
-ignition white
-ignition green
-GREEN / WHITE to lights
-antenna
-valet
-pager on windshield
-first time it turned the led on steady along with the valet button, but once I took the power away and reconnected there is no more led's either.
-I can cycle the ignition 5 times for valet mode and hear the internal relay click, but no lights flash or no remote learning, any ideas please I am stumped
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2015 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
My thought is the module ground back through the chassis is resistive. With the very low current of the module, any resistance could cause problems.
Just for grins, run a temporary ground wire from the module ground direct to the battery neg terminal, and run your tests again.
tekin 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2015 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tekin
what will that do and besides I have tried several times to program the remote but it will not recognize it and I have only plugged in cn1 and all others out except the antenna and led, and valet.
Do you think the antenna is fried and also if I sweep the +wire a few times I can get the alarm siren to blare but once disconnected it does not do anything.
Also when I cycle the ignition 5 times the brain relay's click so not sure at all now thinking maybe the antenna is the problem
Custom_Jim 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2015 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Custom_Jim
tekin, what davep is suggesting is by running a dedicated ground from the alarms ground to the battery negative post you are making sure there is not a ground issue keeping the system from working.
davep probably knows like I do, that on a 67 Camaro just due to age things like grounds and such can become poor.
Let's say you are grounded to a bolt on the steering column. This bolt is attached to a bracket bolted to the firewall, then somehow from there, the electricity or the ground path needs to get back to the cars battery. Some Camaro's had ground straps from the firewall to the engine and who knows, someone might have removed them or they are so corroded they are not working like they should. Some Camaro's also had a small ground wire off of the battery bolted to the radiator support. The radiator support is then bolted to the fender, and the fender bolted to the firewall. If all of these parts were painted off of the car, mechanically things might be fine but electrically it's not.
Try a dedicated ground wire from your alarm brains ground wire to the battery negative and for the test just run it outside the car. It;s just a test and it may or may not work but it's worth a try.
If you don't have a solid 12 volts AND a ground, then things will not work, may work, or work weird.
Jim
1968 Chevy II Nova Garage Find 2012
1973 Nova Custom
1974 Spirit of America Nova
1973 Nova Pro-Street
tekin 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2015 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tekin
pm sent
tekin 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2015 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tekin
ok guys thank you for all the help it was the brain the whole time, but everything is good now but only one thing the light flash works for the rear, and dash lights but not the front why????
if I manually turn on the work as marker lights but not with alarm
davep. 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2015 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
tekin wrote:
the light flash works for the rear, and dash lights but not the front why????
Because in a 1967 the front park lights are a separate circuit from the tail lights. The front are only on in PARK position. In HEADLIGHTS, the front turn signal park lights are not on in a 67 and earlier. 68 and later the front markers are part of the tail light circuit.
At the headlight switch, jumper the purple and brown wires together. The front lights (purple) will now be on with tail lights (brown), including in HEADLIGHTS.
If you only want the front lights to flash with tail lights from the alarm (not be on with headlights) do this:
Get 2 5Amp diodes.
Connect the non-band ends to the (+) white light-flash wire on the alarm.
Connect one band end diode to the brown at light switch.
Connect the other band end diode to the purple wire at light switch.
Funny that I remember this. 1968 and later don't have this.
tekin 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2015 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tekin
Dave thank you very much for the info, but your PM was a lie you know everything hahahahah
I wanna do this
"If you only want the front lights to flash with tail lights from the alarm (not be on with headlights) do this:
Get 2 5Amp diodes.
Connect the non-band ends to the (+) white light-flash wire on the alarm.
Connect one band end diode to the brown at light switch.
Connect the other band end diode to the purple wire at light switch"
BUT YOU MEAN THE GREEN / WHITE wire for light flash right of the main harness
davep. 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2015 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
Sorry. I'm a DEI guy, and DEI light flash is white. Isn't everyone???
Yep. Whatever color your light flash wire is. I assume it is (+) output, and you did NOT use an external relay.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic