the12volt.com spacer
icon

CM4200 1WAM4R won't program

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
odoyle 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2015 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote odoyle
I recently purchased an 04 Tundra which has the CM4200 and two 1WAM4R remotes. The previous owner said he didn't get the system to work, but put little effort into it.
The remotes look exactly like this: http://www.justparts.com/Auto_Parts/COPMUSTAR-4-BUTTON-AFTERMARKET-KEY-FOB-ALARM-REMOTE-1WAM4R/22846678
I found the brain to be unplugged when looking at it (not sure why the previous owner unplugged it), but when plugged in the programming procedure seems to be correct, but the remotes will not program. I installed new batteries and followed the procedure:
-cycle five time between on and off at which point the lights flash once.
-press the lock button on the remote (and you should receive a single flash that it has picked it up)
-two light flashed to end the programming period.
When I do this it all works but I don't get the single flash following the pressing of the lock button. It seems that the signal isn't getting through...
The LED on the antenna works, and I opened it up to look for obvious shorts, but nothing.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?
odoyle 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2015 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote odoyle
I took it to a shop this morning and the tech couldn't get it to program. He tried pairing it with a couple different remotes that he had and neither would work. Has to be something with my system. He suggested the antenna may be done or that it could be something with the wiring. Said he should be able to solve the problem given some time.
If someone can point me in the correct direction to start, I wouldn't mind trying to save the extra cash and try to figure it out myself.
Thanks!
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2015 at 5:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
it definitly sounds like the antenna is bad.
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2015 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote metz35
Pull the antenna cable. See if it is cut or chaffed. There is power to compustar antennas. If the windshield was replace for instance and they cut the cable then the unit if fried. You can try replacing antenna if it works your good to go. If not replace the brain.
odoyle 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2015 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote odoyle
Thanks for the replies. I have tested the the wires to the antenna and it's getting juice. Two of the four wires which send and receive signals have a lower voltage, but are getting juice too.
My antenna unfortunately no longer has the label on the back, so I'm not sure which antenna to replace it with. Would I simply be able to provide the type of remotes (1WAM4R) and the brain (CM4200-v.2) to a local dealer and have them provide the correct antenna?
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2015 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote metz35
its a 1 way AM antenna. the remote model number is 1wam4r. which mean 1 way AM model 4r. thats why compustar is awesome.
odoyle 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2015 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote odoyle
I was able to get my hands on an antenna to test and it still won't work. Guess there's either a wiring issue or it's the brain. I'm inclined to think the later.
So, does anyone have a CM4200v.2 brain kicking around? Or does anyone know if the CM4200DX would be compatible with my existing CM4200v.2 wiring and plugs? I've found a couple of the DX on ebay...

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic