the12volt.com spacer
icon

04 f150 with viper 5906v will not turn off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fancyvpp 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2015 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fancyvpp
also Davep. I tried pressing the brakes as soon as the lights come on and it would not crank. it says "brakes on". and i tried pressing brakes immediately after crank and it shut off the truck. but after maybe about 15 seconds i hear a click on the module and after that i am unable to shut off the truck either by pressing the brake or neutral safety switch or the hood open. both the neutral safety and hood switch operate cause it would not turn on if they were engaged. and as per idatalink module installation instructions it says if you are using the device on data mode no other connection is needed to the remote start module since it has all the connections on the D2D port. but i will try connecting the blue output wire tomorrow and see and post the results. Thanks again guys.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2015 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
I don't have any experience with the idatalink, so I'm flying by the seat of my pants, and following the install guide. I do see in the install instructions they show a connection for the GWA, but also a legend that "not required in data mode 2-way". What ever that means. I'd hook it up. It may help, may not. Can't hurt to try.
The other thing is the "click" after 15 seconds. This is the main clue. If I'm following correctly, it shuts down with brake, hood, and neutral BEFORE you hear the "click". Figure out where the click is coming from. The idata, the Viper, or something in the truck. (Most of the relays in the truck are in the junction box in the passenger kick. But there are a few in the instrument panel).
The only thing that I can think of that changes in the Viper after 15 seconds is it turns on the Rear Defroster, if programmed. But this output is solid state, so it doesn't "click" internally. But an external relay could.
BTW, how DO you shut it off if the brake doesn't do it, and neither does the key? Use the fob?
fancyvpp 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2015 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fancyvpp
ok the i hooked up the blue wire and did hardwire mode on idatalink still the same result. i have to unplug the power to viper for the truck to turn off. also the click sound is coming from the viper system.
mattb21 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2015 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mattb21
davep. wrote:
BTW, how DO you shut it off if the brake doesn't do it, and neither does the key? Use the fob?
This is a good question.
Also, You don't happen to have any external relays wired, do you?
I'd be trying to measure some voltages. Remote start the truck. Check your voltage on the pink and orange wires in the main power harness. They should both be +12V when it's running. Push the brake and check the voltages again. Are either of them at 0V?
If the pink wire stays at 12V, but the orange wire drops to 0V when the brake is pressed, I'd see if the second ignition output (pink white stripe) acts any differently.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic