the12volt.com spacer
icon

dball 2 wont work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
acin 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2015 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote acin
I'm installing a prostart 4211 and dball 2 in a 2009 santafe (No push start) .
I got everything working, the car cranks but doesn't start (needs immobilizer bypass) but the dball 2 does not seem to light up or anything,
I exchanged it and same thing, I'm aware it needs to be programmed, but does it have to be programmed prior to being tested?
I have it w2w or d2d and I get no lights from it...
any ideas? or is there a different bypass that would be better for this car?
thanks
1999 Maxima
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes.
jameselantra 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
You need to flash it or it wont do anything at all.
Unflashed you have a computer that doesnt know what top do.
I have a brand new flasher for sale if you want one. Im in Milton Ontario.
You Specifically need to flash it with firmware 402.HKHT1 v1.09 and enable all desired D2D functions.
Before you do this it is useless.
The reason for this is even the immobilizer part its different for different cars so the unit must first be programmed to know what car its going in and how its going to speak to it.
I suggest buying a flasher not just getting a flash so that you can apply updates as they come out and change settings if needed.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Nice post James, very succinct.
Then I'd get rid of the Prostart though.
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
When flashed correctly DBALL2 works good in that car.
Flashed and installed correctly.
Also there are steps you must follow after flash to train your key to the dball2 before it can start.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I did one here in the UK about 2 years ago, no DB-ALL then so hard wired and a 556U plus a VSM 100. No problems.
acin 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote acin
Thanks so much guys!
I flashed it and now I'm getting an orange led, followed by red and green, always flashing in that order...
So it didn't get programmed properly i'm guessing?
1999 Maxima
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
Once flashed and instaled follow the directions on the PDF from this link.
DBALL2 Install and setup official
That is the install and setup guide for dball2 on your santafe. You are install method 3 I believe.
there are 5 steps to follow once flashed and installed. once this is done your dball2 will be ok until you update or rewire. if you disconnect the battery the dball2 saves all info.
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
Ive recently done a few Hyundais with this module. If you need help Im in Ontario too and am willing to give a hand. Let me know how you make out.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic