the12volt.com spacer
icon

Trouble Playing media from USB Kenwood DDX672BH

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pmendoza502 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2015 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pmendoza502
I am having trouble playing media from my usb on my Kenwood DDX672BH.
Ive read the manual over and over and over, and i've googled and googled and googled and still cant really find an answer.
I formated the drive to FAT32 before placing media on it.
My first go around with this, i place 7 jpegs and only one read. 6 of them gave me the message "unsupported file".
Second go around, i reformatted to FAT 32, and placed a picture, the same picture that worked the first time, and a video in mpg format.
This time, the pic did NOT work "unsupported file", but the video did.
Third time around. Reformatted again to FAT32, placed a number of vids on the drive, all with the same bitrate, all mpg format and only half of the videos play, the rest get the message "unsupported file".
No clue what i could be doing wrong, is there a magic specification or something thats almost guaranteed to work for jpegs and mpegs?!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2015 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote DYohn
Pages 58 and 59 of your owner's manual describe the supported file formats. If your files conform to these settings then it should play them. If not, well...
Support the12volt.com
pmendoza502 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2015 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pmendoza502
Thats what i am having a bit of trouble with, Mainly i think its the MP/SP settings, but i have no way to check since my video converter doesnt give me those options.
Ive converted every video thought the same video converter with the same settings and like i said in the original post, only half will play.
Trouble Playing media from USB Kenwood DDX672BH - Last Post -- posted image.
pmendoza502 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2015 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pmendoza502
all videos are between 640x480
Video Settings
DR: 2960kbps
TBR: 3152kbps
FR: 29FPS
Audio Settings
BR:192kbps
Channels: 2
ASR: 44khz
pmendoza502 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2015 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pmendoza502
sorry, thats 640x480 to 1280x640

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic