icon

online car audio stores?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
marksta 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2003 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  

What are some online car audio stores i can look at to get ideas of pricing for the system i want to build?

-Mark

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2003 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

There are way too many to list my best advice would be to do a search for car audio etc, but off the top of my head here are a few

http://www.sounddomain.com
http://purecaraudio.com
http://thezeb.com
For all your wiring and cabling needs  I highly suggest http://knukonceptz.com
And for connectors fuses etc http://www.darvex.com

esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2003 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

I've always been a fan of Crutchfield ever since I got in to car audio--you'd be surprised how much you can learn just by reading their catalogs! lol Anyways I think they are a very good place to at least research products, as they have more information about each product than any other web site I have ever seen; and it's really helpful that they filter out the products that will not fit your vehicle.

Because they only sell products that they are full authorized for (full manufacturer's warranty/service), they don't carry some of the really high end brands like Focal and MB Quart because those companies don't have any authorized internet retailers (at least none that I know of). Also, Crutchfield's prices are higher than some places--but they do give you the kits/harnesses for free as well as give you lifetime tech support for free.

All of those places that Bberman1 listed are also good places to look as well.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
showdwar 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2003 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

I would have to agree with esmith on this one.  Crutchfield is a really great online store.  The are really reliable and you will get your products quick!!!  I have never had any problems with them at all.  And you also get great customer support!

recently I was a little short on cash so I used a website that I have found useful on finding low prices. pricegrabber is the name if it.  They pointed me to etronics.  And they did so for a lot of products.  I was kind of hesitant at first.  But I ended up ordering a Fosgate amp and subs from them.  I have them now and they are totally Awesome.  No complaints here on the products, all factory sealed from the manufacturer.  But they were a littls slow on the processing of the order.  That would be the only downfall to them and I suppose the customer support you get from crutchfield.  Maybe that is why Crutchfield is a tad bit more expensive.

Anyway here are the links.

http://www.pricegrabber.com

http://www.crutchfield.com

http://www.etronics.com

late

There's nothin' like good music played on a good system!
Pimpin93Cougar 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2003 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
www.ikesound.com/800.htm It's the same price, I think, as etronics, with shipping is included. Same price, just you don't have to figure in shipping.
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2003 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have any comments on this place www.ikesound.com. They sell Fosgate 351M Amp for $165 while www.crutchfield sell it at $249.99. Can you trust places likes this www.ikesound.com who can sell it at $85 less than Crutchfield? I've had great experience with Crutchfield so I am a little hesitant to buy it from www.ikesound.com because they can sell there product for a lot less and still manage to ship it off to you for free. I love the price that they have, but WHERE DO I PLACE THE BUY BUYER ???, so I don't get taken for a ride.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.online car audio stores? -- posted image.
Blazermedic 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2003 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
Sometimes places like www.ikesound.com can sell cheaply because they are not authorized retailers. If, for example, a RF amp is bought through an online store that is NOT a RF authorized retailer, forget about your warranty. I always, and I know this sounds dumb, ask for the legal name the business is registered under and then call the manufacturer to see if they are actually authorized or not. It has saved me from making some HUGE mistakes.
     As for my personal experiences, I have had excellent luck with a few places. Namely, www.thezeb.com for my amps, subs and speakers, and www.darvex.com for my fuses. I'm testing a set of KnuKonceptz interconnects right now to see how I like them, but their power cabling stacks up with Stinger and the rest as far as I can tell. (www.knukonceptz.com) BTW, www.thezeb.com is authorized dealers for most of the products they sell on the site, I've checked.
Cary
D148l0 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2003 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  

all the places mentioned have great prices... I would like to add  www.carstereotime.com, www.woofersetc.com, www.infinitecaraudio.com... I have purchased from them, no problem at all...  But  IMO the most useful thing to do is spend a few hours shopping around, b/c  you can find the lowest price for an item in a store that has another item more expensive than other stores... I have even found great deals for high end products in photographic stores... you wouldn't believe it. So, shop around and don't stick to a single store, and don't forget to add the shipping and handlingbefore buying, that is the catch a lot of times... hope this is useful.

d148l0
Pimpin93Cougar 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2003 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
It's also cheaper to run a company when you don't have as many people working for you that you have to insure and pay monthly. Don't forget all the advertising in magazines. They ask where you have heard of them, and they show a list of about 50 magazines. Immagine advertising in 50 magazines every month! Think of all the stuff they have to pay for, and that can show you another way that big companies charge more money for.
cavyman 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2003 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
I have bought from www.justamps.com, www.justwoofers.com, and I have to say crutchfield is a great place to shop and the shipping rates are very reasonable.
1 plus 1 equals 2
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic