the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Lexus RX330 Remote start Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sparxx513 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2015 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparxx513
Planning on installing a Avital 4103LX Remote start with keyless. Using idatalink ALCA for the bypass. Been looking over the forums. few things I cant find a clear answer on.
1. How to shut off the auto headlights after remote start shut down
2. How to wire the second starter wire, some say use a relay, some say you don't need one.
Any updated diagrams or tips would be great.
Thanks as always for the help guys.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2015 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I'll answer no.2 for you ALWAYS use a relay, there's a reason for a car to have two starter wires, emulate the OEM wiring dangerous otherwise.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2015 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
I don't see an answer on the ALCA diagram for the autolight question. The Directed DBALL show a wired connection for this. I have used it on a couple of Toyota Camrys.
Yes. I would use a relay off the 4 pin Satellite Harness, Pin 3, Purple, (-) starter output
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2015 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Ya beat me Howie
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2015 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
2004 Lexus RX330 Remote start Install -- posted image.
sparxx513 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2015 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparxx513
Thanks guys. I thought I seen something somewhere about using a door pin input to shut off the auto lamps? any ideas on that?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2015 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

What you are looking for is a R/S output that will pulse after a R/S shutdown only.  This wire would be connected to the

RX330's Door Trigger wire to turn off the Auto-Headlights.  The 4103's Rearm Output will pulse after a shutdown and a
door lock command.  Your RX330 has a factory alarm that, if armed might get upset if you press Lock on the 4103's
remote because besides re-locking the doors it would also pulse the door trigger wire.

A R/S unit like the Prestige APS57E has a "Pulse after shutdown" output wire.   The Compustar CS800-s has a

programming option to do this.  Both are better units than the Avital 4103LX, IMHO, due to their outputs and programming
options.

Another way would be to add a relay to the 4103, controlled by the 2nd Status Output wire that would open the RX330's

Auto Headlight wire during a remote start and run time.  Typically,  this wire is a (-) output and located next to the (-)
Parking Light wire at the Headlight Switch Plug.  Can't find a wire guide listing for this wire but it should be
easy enough to locate, test and verify.

Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Posted: December 28, 2015 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Directed DBALL list the Autolight wire as: Pin 12, Brown at headlight switch.
I know a lot of people on this site have issues with the DBALL. I have used them quite often over the years with no issues. Maybe I've been lucky.
As I stated earlier, I used them recently on two 09 camry's with autolights, wired up as shown and have had no issues with the auto lights turning off. Just my two cents.
sparxx513 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparxx513
thanks guys for all the info. Kreg would you happen to have a diagram or pin out for wiring up the relay to shut off the headlights using the 2nd status output?
sparxx513 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparxx513
Also, when using the relay for the second starter I was going to use this from another thread..
Use the H2 neg starter output to energise a relay thus H2 to 85, fused 20amp constant to 86 and 87, 30 to second starter.
Diode 1N4004 across 86 and 85, band to 86
I don't see a Neg starter output on the unit I have. Any ideas?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic