icon

1996 Civic Car alarm issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
diyperformance 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2003 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, this is my first post so thanks in advance for any help given. I just put an alarm into a 96 civic dx w/ no power options on the car. I have power door locks aftermarket but I haven't had a chance to put them in yet. Every feature of the alarm works fine except when the drivers door opens (with no key in the ignition and alarm disarmed) the parking lights/guage cluster flashes 12 times with an annoying beep. The passenger door does it to, but I don't get the beep, just a clicking. There are two negative door triggers. The alarm (which is just a crappy no name one) has one wire for neg. doors, so I connected it to only one of the two wires, cause they both did the same thing. The positve door trigger from the alarm is not hooked up. I don't know where to put it. I'm not trying to sound stupid here, this is just the first alarm I've done. I would guess that the positive wire not being hooked up is probably my issue here, but when I checked the Civic's color codes, there was no listing for a positive door trigger. Any help is much appreciated. As I said, the alarm works perfectly fine, all triggers set off the alarm and all, I just can't get rid of this problem. Thank you.
soundinstaller 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2003 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. A newbie. Empathy for you.
1. don't worry about your positive trigger wire. Only used for Fords and a few other select vehicles.
2. My tech notes tell me that your target wire for the negative door trigger on your vehicle is black with a white tracer (line). It is located above the hood release in a brown plug.
This should be the only wire you need for door trigger.
If you wired your door trigger wire directly to both door pins without diode isolation (a kind of one way valve for electricity), you can get some really weird crap happening. You should never tie two circuits together without isolation unless you are a veteran and know the full scope of each circuit's function.
Try locating the wire I have described and tie your trigger wire into that and see if it cures you problem.
Always test with a meter, never ass-u-me!
Mr.Swifty 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2003 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  

I beleive the door trigger for this car is a Green with black tracer....easily found in the drivers "A" Pillar, or green molex plug at the top of the fuse box. and it will be a negative trigger wire......if in doubt you can always trace the wire from the pin switch itself....just unscrew the one philips head screw and see what color the wire is behind there...and find the same wire in the bundle of wires in the drivers kick panel.

Good Luck

diyperformance 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2003 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
I'll try those solutions today and get back to you, thanks. From what I had gotten off of this sight's vehicle specific color code section, it said light green with a red tracer for negative doors. I assumed it was right because, technically, it does work, .....just not right! My ignition is Black with a white tracer. But I'll check these anyways. Also, what is "ignition 2" for?????

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic