the12volt.com spacer
icon

07 Fusion Viper 4806

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2016 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Viper 4806 going into a 2007 Fusion, no memory, no door keypad.
Factory alarm arms with lock wire, but the door is supposed to be open while pressing the door lock button inside. (On the door, not factory fob).
Driver door pin rests at ground, goes open when door is open.
Will this relay wiring work to arm the alarm?
86 - 12vdc
85 - viper arm wire (Grn/wht) (-)
30 - Door side of door pin wire
87A - sjb side of door pin
87 - Factory door lock (-)
This should simulate the driver door opening by breaking the door wire, at the same time as the door lock is pressed.
According to wiring diagrams, the door switches and door pin ground goes to chassis, not back through the SJB, so I should be able to ground the door lock through the door pin.
Does this look accurate?
Also, if This works, is connecting the viper door lock wire redundant? When remote start shuts off, it should send an arm command correct? I can't think of a time when I would need to lock the door and NOT arm the alarm, or would it be detrimental to connect both anyway?
Thank you.
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Anybody?
I'll find out if this works next week, but I'd like to know ahead of time to plan an alternate.
ak609 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ak609
what about just pulsing the door trigger with the the disarm wire instead? always try that first that way the bcm or ecu whatever is picking up that single sees that its open while it locks at the same time.
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
You mean the disarm wire from the viper? or do you mean the re-arm wire?
The door switch is ground when closed, open circuit when door open. If I pulse the door pin with another ground, the sjb wont see anything different. and still think the door is closed.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic