the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 Corolla + Viper 5706V + iDatalink ADS-AL-CA

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Yes, you would use it in temps greater than 12c. Not sure why you would need it, but it's good for testing too, when installing in a warm environment. I don't think using it extends the time, and when you takeover from remote start, it will shut off.
As for Aux's, Maybe heated seats? Window roll up is common, but I personally wouldn't have use for it either. You can think up uses for them later. The wires aren't going anywhere.
spiiiitz 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spiiiitz
Yeah i put good thought of doing the heated seats, and because I don't have OEM heated seats, I thought it would be a fun project to do over the summer during downtown (outside of school). There are tons of kits on eBay/Amazon for only about 40 bucks, but because I am concerned with the longevity of them, I have decided against it for now.
I might reconsider the idea later, but mostly if one day I can find a complete set of OEM leather seats with built-in OEM heater modules at the wreckers. It seems that my 2011 is relatively new and scarce among such yards, but keep going back with high hopes.
On a side note, if I still can't brainstorm anything by the summer, I might just order one of these for doodies and gigs haha --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFGzQ0vp_3I
I just don't think the corolla has enough room in the engine bay....
harv63 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2016 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote harv63
Hello,guys this was an excellent job in detail. I'm new to this site and I'm installing a 5305V remote start very similar to the on you just installed. I have hooked it up three times with no luck on the remote start working I was wondering is there any advise I can ask for from you experts sorry it's a 2008 Toyota Corolla I have a idatalink module wire diagram 2 . Is it necessary to hook up the tach wire to get the remote start to turn engine over? I'm also confused where to hook up the pink wire out of the module to the ignition with the pink wire out of H10 in remote start to ignition 1.
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2016 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
I would suggest making a new thread.
harv63 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2016 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote harv63
OK thanks I'll do that .
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic