the12volt.com spacer
icon

VSS5X10 install issue parking lights 2012 Accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
27mick 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2016 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 27mick
I installed a VSS5X10 in my '12 accord. Activated the Smart Start device and wired everything up perfectly but the parking lights are acting weird af.
Excerpt from the DirectWire for my '12 accord.
--------------------------------------------------------
Parking Lights (+) red (left front, and rear) + driver dash fuse box, lt. green 16 pin plug (D), pin 11
Parking Lights (-) gray - headlight switch, BLACK/ white 12 pin plug, pin 11
--------------------------------------------------------
According to the bottom right hand corner of the attached diagram it wants me to ground the WHITE/ Brown (-) wire and attach the White (-) parking light output wire to the gray wire at the headlight switch.
When installed like this it doesn't work and blows the fuse for the dash illumination the second i reconnect the battery.
I tested the gray wire and it shows 12v when it's turned on, so, and this may not make sense, instead of grounding the WHITE/ brown i put it on 12v and kept the white on the gray.
This resulted in just the front right parking light coming on.
Somebody please help me before I shoot myself in the face. VSS5X10 install issue parking lights 2012 Accord -- posted image.
27mick 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2016 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 27mick
If someone can add a couple breaks after the last sentence for me I'd appreciate it. I can't edit my thread because I just signed up :(
27mick 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2016 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 27mick
Apparently there are three gray wires, I found the one I needed in the loom it was just trying to hide from me :( Mod, please delete this.
kulblue 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2016 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kulblue
I used the gray wire.
Parking Lights (-) gray - headlight switch, BLACK/ white 12 pin plug, pin 11
kulblue 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2016 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kulblue
You need the switch the jumper - or + parking lights. Avital has that option but I dunno on vss5x10.
- neg parking light or + pos parking lights

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic