the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706v . Arming with door locks?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
empyrials 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2016 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote empyrials
I installed a Viper 5706v with iDataLink(DBI-AL) on a 2012 Kia Sorento(Install how to), and almost everything works great. I just had a couple of questions, and i can't find any answers anywhere.
1) The Factory keyfob works, however it doesn't disable the Viper alarm, is this normal?
2) I think this is tied to question 1, however when i use the lock button in the car, it doesn't arm the viper alarm. Again is this normal or did i miss something?
With my 2008 Dodge Ram, I installed the same viper alarm in but with a XpressKit, and it does both of the above. It's not like i use the factory keyfob much, but using the lock/unlock button in the car is nice to Arm the Viper alarm as i'm leaving the car... Or when the wife forgets to lock her car, and when i come home i can just open the door and lock/arm it lol.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2016 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
D2D or W2W?
If you'd have used a DB-ALL 2 in D2D mode you wouldn't have had that problem depending on how it was flashed.
W2W factory remotes, door lock would have no effect.
Incidentally before I retired I always disable OEM remote of the Viper etc. It's an extra layer of security.
empyrials 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2016 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote empyrials
Sorry i forgot to mention that. It's in D2D mode, or at least i have that wire plugged in to the viper. When i flashed it, I don't remember off the top of my head if there was an option that specifically said D2D, and they didn't have the exact viper model, so i selected the two way one that they had listed(can't remember what it is).
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2016 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
That option is always there right at the end of the options list, reflash or go W2W.
empyrials 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2016 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote empyrials
OK, i'll give it another go, it's been a month and it's been balls cold so i didn't really want to mess with it until it warmed up a little. If i still have problems i'll post again.
Thank you!
Is there any preference for which Viper alarm i select from the drop down? there's a newer one way, and an older two way system. I read it doesn't matter but just didn't know what you guys thought.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2016 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Forget it I got it the wrong way round!
Thought you wanted to remove control via factory fobs.
empyrials 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2016 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote empyrials
oh haha. Well i might go ahead of reflash anyways, just to double check all my options.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic