the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote start, 2004 GMC Yukon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trucks967 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2016 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trucks967
I'm hooking up a viper 4105v and matching up with a xpresskit GMDLBP bypass on a 2004 GMC Yukon queston satellite 4 pin connector where do hook up ? and brown wire on bypass ? whats the best way to wire all this thank you for all help
Ruben
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2016 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Brown wire on Bypass connects to the blue Status output on your viper
satellite harness. The other three wires on it are if you had negative wires at your ignition harness.
trucks967 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2016 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trucks967
thank you for your response now main harness 9 pin light green black factory alarm disarm is there a way to hook this wire any where else besides the module in drivers door ? how many of these wires at the 9 pin should be wired ? its pretty much where I'm at thanks again
Ruben
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2016 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?action=select&yr=5634&product=Remote%20Start&make=GMC&model=Yukon#
Looks like the Door module talks to the BCM through a data connection, so you have to get the wire in the door.
You have two ign and two acc wires also, so you will need to use the 6 pin Pink/white to your 2nd ign, and use a relay for your 2nd acc wire.
trucks967 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2016 at 4:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trucks967
this is more complicated then what I thought now my system dosent have second acc what would be the purpose of this ? I do know about the heavy gage brown wire in the colume ?
Ruben
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2016 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
If your starter doesn't have a second acc wire, you have to use a relay to create one. You can drive it off the (-) acc wire on the satellite harness, or the first acc wire. The brown wire is the second acc. It's typically a good idea to duplicate all the functions of your key.
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2016 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=133000
I should point this out. Kreg did a very nice pictorial of a starter install in your vehicle.
Getting a different bypass would benefit you greatly due to all the things controlled via data. Door locks, door pins, factory alarm etc.
trucks967 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2016 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trucks967
thank you kindly I will try my best to take care of this today wish me luck I've never done a relay be my first will look at Kregs post too well to the garage I go ha !!!!
Ruben
trucks967 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2016 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trucks967
ok doors lock and unlock car starts went without a relay my queston should the remote start box click while its running ?
Ruben
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2016 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bs1d3
The only reason I could see the remote start clicking during remote start is if you have the parking lights set to flash and not constant.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic