< Prev Topic Next Topic >
philaf 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2003 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  

ok... here's the situation.

car: 88 honda crx

alarm: clifford matrix one

siren:dei 514n, +12v signal from alarm to trigger.

problem: the siren has a loop on it that controls the soft chirp function. with the loop intact, the chirp is soft - with the loop cut, the chirp is loud. i really like the soft chirp feature, but with the loop intact the alarm's wail is quieter as well. i want to be able to keep the soft chirp, while still having the louder wail...

easy, i figured... just put a relay on the loop. 30 to one end of severed loop and 87a to the other. 85 to ground, and +12v from alarm trigger (with diode) to 86. loop would be intact (soft chirp) until signal was recieved from alarm (loud wail), killing connection in relay. bingo, right? wrong... the only output the alarm has triggers on everything, arm/disarm, warn-away, full wail. that'd kinda defeat the whole purpose to the relay.

solution: leave siren's loop connected to relay as described above, but get trigger from a delayed source... with a two second delay, the arm/disarm signal would still be a soft chirp, but a signal longer than that would pass the delay and activate the relay - which would cut the loop and give me the longer wail. hell, i could even set a little longer delay time and have a siren wail that started quieter and got louder after a few seconds.

second problem: i've figured out what i want to do (assuming that my logic is correct, please tell me if i'm not) , but i have no idea how to delay the signal. i heard about some capacitor/resistor set-up that can create a delay... will this work for a 2-5 second delay? if so, how can i make it? if not, what can i do?

you guys are the smartest group of people i've ever come across regarding this stuff, so i figure that if it can be done one of you guys will definately know a way of doing it. thanks in advance for your time and effort, and sorry for making this kinda longish.

philaf 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2003 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

come on guys.... any ideas?

*bump*

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic