the12volt.com spacer
icon

Wolstentech Relay Alternatives

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
team128 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote team128
The Relays forum is very useful to me and I had purchased parts for both time delay and latching relays. But before assembly I searched the WWW for automotive relays and found Wolstentech. They had exactly what I needed and at $29 it was cheaper and a smaller, neater form factor than what I could implement using the multiple relay+diode solutions I found on this Relays forum. Perhaps my applications were too simple but I still wonder while I haven't seen more references to Wolstentech on the other forums. Is there a quality issue I should be aware of...?
Thanks,
Robert Calland
2001 ITR 01-0424 was stolen < 4 weeks
selling 1991 Integra LS because it will be stolen
replaced by 1996 Honda Pacific Coast
team128 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2016 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote team128
Received the relays Monday. Very nicely done and I like the form factor. Here are pictures of the front and back.
Wolstentech Relay Alternatives - Last Post -- posted image.
Wolstentech Relay Alternatives - Last Post -- posted image.
On the back, the two switches on the left set positive or negative trigger and high or low delay range. The two potentiometers at the top set On and Off delay.
khill 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2016 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote khill
I haven't heard of Wolstentech before. After spending some time on their website, I found couple of items that I can use in my applications. I mostly use industrial relays from IDEC & RELECO at work. RELECO is from Spain and we have been very happy. http://www.clrwtr.com/RELECO-Relays.htm
team128 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2016 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote team128
I've been very pleased with the relays. On my motorcycle I am using two time-delay relays for turn signal cornering lights, one latching relay for push-on/push-off auxiliary lights and one time-delay relay for heated vest and grips power-on (alternator is kinda weak). I didn't have any problems although the time delay setting is not linear so you have to adjust it in-place. Make sure you adhere to ground disconnect warning -- I didn't have any problems but I was careful.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I've only recently found and used a few of these: http://www.altecautomotive.co.uk/timer-relay-fully-adjustable-12-volt--------altt40205-stk-1614-p.asp
They have the standard 5 pin automotive relay base, and are extremely versatile. They can be used as either delay on or delay off, and are adjustable from anywhere from a half second up to an hour. They are polarity sensitive, but they come with a diagram.
The only downside for me is I have to order them from the UK, so it might take a few weeks to get whenever you place an order. I haven't purchased from the website directly, but their ebay store (can't post the link).
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic