the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 4806 lock without re-arm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2016 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
I finally got around to finishing the install of a 4806v into my fusion.
I ended up wiring a relay to open the driver doorpin (NC Rest at ground) in order to use the vipers re-arm wire. Works great. Rearm wire triggers the relay, which opens the doorpin and grounds the lock wire through the doorpin and arms the factory alarm.
I have a problem with the pit stop feature though. My car will not allow an open door to lock when the car is running. Supposed to be an "anti lock your keys in" feature. So, doing a pit stop with the viper, exiting the vehicle, pressing lock, rearm wire breaks the pin, thinks door is open etc etc and just unlocks the door automatically.
Is it possible to change the programming of a viper to only use the lock wire and not the rearm wire during a pitstop? My alternative is to use one of the 4 auxs as just a door lock only, but maybe there is another way.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2016 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
Interrupt your re-arm wire when engine is running on the Viper. When you arm the system in pit-stop, your pin won't see the re-arm pulse.
Use a relay:
87 & 87a = Factory Alarm Rearm wire
86 = Fused IGN +12V
85 = IGN 200ma(-) 24-pin pink wire.
You have to control the relay with the IGN control. STATUS may not work. I've found on some DEI's STATUS isn't active for pit-stop. I know it will work with IGN control.
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2016 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
davep. wrote:
Interrupt your re-arm wire when engine is running on the Viper. When you arm the system in pit-stop, your pin won't see the re-arm pulse.
Use a relay:
87 & 87a = Factory Alarm Rearm wire
86 = Fused IGN +12V
85 = IGN 200ma(-) 24-pin pink wire.
You have to control the relay with the IGN control. STATUS may not work. I've found on some DEI's STATUS isn't active for pit-stop. I know it will work with IGN control.
You mean 87A and 30 = rearm wire right?
This is a good idea. Never thought of that.
I could just use 86 as any +12v or 85 as ground right? They both don't need to be ignition controlled.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2016 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
You mean 87A and 30 = rearm wire right?
Yes.
This is a good idea. Never thought of that.
Glad you like it.
I could just use 86 as any +12v or 85 as ground right? They both don't need to be ignition controlled.
I made a mistake here. Don't use the way I describe.
Put 86 to +12V hot at all times, 85 to Viper pink 200ma (-) IGN control. (I like this way better than the next).
Or put 85 to ground, and 86 to +12V IGN.
You can work out the details to make it work the way you want it to.
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2016 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Great, Thanks.
I'll get around to this next time I have a non-rainy free day.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic