the12volt.com spacer
icon

Blinker stopped working after viper install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
emikey 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote emikey
I started an install of a viper alarm/starter in my 2012 honda crosstour (accord)
Before starting to solder, I unwrapped the wire harness. I soldered most of the cables (none on the blinker harness,) and wrapped some of the wires back up.
Now I notice that my right blinker doesn't work. Everything else works, just not the right blinker. I get no flashing or blinking noises.
My hazards DO work, perfectly.
Any suggestions on where to start?
Does the front right blinker have it's own fuse or relay, separate from the left side? Not sure how this could have happened since I didn't even touch those wires yet.
I appreciate any help, thanks.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
It could just be a bad relay, see here: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/154-audio-electronics-lighting/76939-blinker-spasms-bad-turn-signal-relay.html
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Another possibility...  Did you unplug any vehicle connectors?  Make sure they are all correctly plugged back in, fully seated and not canted.  Check for bent pins if they don't seem to be seating properly.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Or coincidentally a failed indicator switch.
emikey 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote emikey
Indicator switch meaning the blinker handle?
I unplugged them all actually, but made sure they were correctly, fully seated a few times.
I'll have time to bust out the dmm and figure it out tomorrow.
Does anyone know if each side has it's own Relay?
emikey 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote emikey
Indicator switch meaning the blinker handle?
I unplugged them all actually, but made sure they were correctly, fully seated a few times.
I'll have time to bust out the dmm and figure it out tomorrow.
Does anyone know if each side has it's own Relay?
emikey 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote emikey
I hate the way this forum posts messages.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 30, 2016 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
The "relay" is actually 2-in-1. If you follow the link I posted above, you can scroll down to where someone took one apart. Apparently it's not too uncommon.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
emikey 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2016 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote emikey
I saw that link in my research. Are the relays the same, and in the same location for 7th and 8th gen? That link was for a 7th.
emikey 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2016 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote emikey
I watched the video, not sure were are having the same issue.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic