the12volt.com spacer
icon

'92 Jaguar XJ6 Negative Ignition Switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ntl1991 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2016 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ntl1991
Hello,
About two years ago I bought a Viper 5204 for my 1992 Jaguar XJ6, I installed the module and wired up everything for the alarm portion to function (locks, ignition (+), door triggers, parking lights, trunk output, tied into the factory comfort closure), and I use it daily.
I've only installed remote starters on typical American and Japanese cars, which were quite simple. This Jaguar is very different for me, with everything being powered remotely by relays which are negatively switched by the key.
My 5204 has 200mA(-) outputs for Starter, Heater and Ignition activation. Can I activate the factory "Starter On", "Heater/Radio", And "Ignition On" relays directly with these wires? The factory relays are all Hella, if that matters
This would make my life much, much easier, rather than having to install "booster" relays to trigger the factory ones. Space is already quite tight with almost 20 relays behind the dash from the factory.
Thanks,
Nick
'92 Jaguar XJ6 Negative Ignition Switch - Last Post -- posted image.
mleaser 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2016 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mleaser
The 200ma outputs should be enough on the ignition wires. You still need a positive ignition input for your remote starter though, this can be accomplished with a diode at the ignition wire and relay (Tech Doc 1500 Remote Start Negative Ignition Interface).
ntl1991 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2016 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ntl1991
Thank You!
This makes finishing my project a lot easier. I have also looked at DEI 1500 and will tie into the positive ignition as it shows, with the diode.
I haven't brushed up on my electronics in a while, but what would happen without a diode?
I appreciate your help,
Nick

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic