the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706v w/ ADS-AL CA in 08 Tundra not workin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jblakeley 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2016 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jblakeley
Can anyone please help me get this thing working.. the idatalink will not program and it is flashed correctly.. and my shock sensor is only giving me notifications on the 2 way remote but does not warn or trip alarm when vehicle is struck.. have it wired d2d and when arming system it says door open and trunk open
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2016 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Just so we don't overlook anything...

The correct firmware that should be flashed on the ADS AL-CA module is DBI-AL(DL)-TL1.  The correct guide is

#15109.  Using the standard ADS-AL(DL)-TL1firmware will not work in D2D mode with a Viper.

For the wiring, you would follow the Type 1 install guide.  All of the dashed Red lines are handled by the D2D harness.

All of the solid Black lines are hardwire connections.

After the firmware flash and prior to vehicle programming you must set the Installation Mode to Data ( one blink ) and

lock it in ( top of Page 13 ). 

During actual vehicle programming, if the modules Led does not do follow the steps exactly ( Steps 1 - 5 ), double the

CAN wire connections ( soldered and not reversed ).  If it fails during Steps 6 - 9, double check the Transponder
connections ( TXCT & Code ).  The guide lists the wire colors and pin numbers and they are almost always dead on.

Soldering is fun!
jblakeley 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2016 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jblakeley
Ok I double checked all connections and that is the guide and firmware that is flashed and followed wiring to a t.. even went by local toyota service to get schematic for pin out on j20 plug (immobilizer) as there was a descrepency in pin out and wire colors.. they are correct. The can and can are corect. Does this need a relay to work.. it is not a g key and has just a dot so I know it is 40 bit. I have firmware dbi-al (dl)-tl1 (2.7) and following guide #15109. I have tried go ogling and have found 3 diy guides and all 3 are wired differently.. the joy of working on a Yota lol. Also update I had the shock sensor wire backwards and is now giving me warning alert both through chirp on truck and notification through remote but will not trigger full alarm. Also last night remote would unlock and lock vehicle but not today however if using factory remote it will arm system.. so confused
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2016 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Personally, I would do the following :

1.  Follow the Install Guide on Page 15 and do the Factory Reset but stop after Step 5.
2.  After Step 5, wait for the LED to start doing a single green blink pattern.  Press and hold the programming button until
     the LED goes solid Green for 2 seconds, then release the button.  This sets the Installation Mode to DATA.
3. Continue with Step 6 & 7, then go to Page 13 and do the Type 1 Module Programming Procedure.  It must program
    properly and give all the LED indications as shown.

If everything works OK with the bypass module programming but you still have issues, you should list out all of the Viper connections.

And of course are all of the wire connections soldered?  Do you have a terminal ring soldered on to the Vipers Chassis Ground wire and a solid paint and rust free connection with this important wire to the truck?

Soldering is fun!
jblakeley 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2016 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jblakeley
Ok mistake...
I had the wrong wire on the txct.. fixed and am now programed successfully..
Also had the starter wront.. cut wire and hooked up properly now to key and one to starter correctly..
However still no start just says remote start error with 7 flashes of lights
kreg357 
Posted: February 19, 2016 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Did you program the Viper to Transmission = Automatic.  Assuming you have an Auto Trans.  It's Menu 3, Item 1, Option 2.

You should also set the Viper to Engine Checking = Tach and do a Tach Learn.  The bypass module supplies a Tach signal and remote starting with Tach Mode is more reliable than in Virtual Tach Mode.

Soldering is fun!
jblakeley 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2016 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jblakeley
Ok scratch all that got it working.. u were right was set to manual mode and didn't have to program tach...
Now remaining problems are
Won't lock vehicle with viper remote but will unlock..
Alarm doesn't trigger on door open when armed..
Shock sensor won't set full alarm of only warn.. green loop end on sensor side.
jblakeley 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2016 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jblakeley
Ok everything working poperly.. only problem left is I cannot start the vehicle without remote start. It has to do with the starter wire being cut to connect the viper unit to key side and starter side.. would I use a relay or what? And if so what kind?
kreg357 
Posted: February 19, 2016 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

If you want the Viper to do Starter Kill and Anti-Grind, cut the trucks' Green Starter wire and connect the Vipers' thick Green

wire to the cut side going to the ignition switch.  Connect the Vipers' thick Violet wire to the cut wire on the vehicle side.

If you don't want these Viper features, don't cut the Green Starter wire and only connect the Vipers' Violet wire.

Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic