the12volt.com spacer
icon

08 Silverado DB-All and 4103 lock/unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dannno 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2016 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dannno
Vehicle is a 2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab LT
Trying to figure out the remote lock/unlock function.
I bought this truck used from an auction, and it didn't come with any key fobs. I found out it had an aftermarket remote start system installed and programmed a key fob from a different system to work with it.
The truck has an Avital 4103 and a DB-All installed.
Key fob is from a Viper system. P/N:473V 3 button (lock/unlock, acc, and start)
It looks like the system is setup in D2D. The remote start function works, but hitting the lock/unlock button only turns the lights on. On the factory key FOB i bought, the power locks work, but the remote start function doesn't. I'm pretty sure the factory system isn't programmed for remote start function though.
Is there anything I can check, or would it be better to take it to someone who can read the configuration with an XKloader or bitwriter? I have a GM Tech2, so I can access body functions to see requests, but haven't had a chance yet.
Thanks,
Dan
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2016 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
I would try and reprogram the DB-All... Data to data is not the most reliable...

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic