the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 CBR1000RR Radar Detector

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gordocbr 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2016 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gordocbr
Hey guys, hoping I can get some help here with rigging up my radar detector on my 2006 CBR1000RR. I'm pretty confused at this point as to what's going on with my setup. As it shows in the attached image, I've got a 12V relay with the actuator side tied into my running lights. No issues there, the relay clicks strong when I turn the key on. On the other side, I have the relay supplying power to a Bluetooth transmitter (Sena SR10) and a radar detector/laser jammer (Antilaser Priority). The Bluetooth transmitter and the laser jammer are connected with a standard 3.5mm audio cable so that alerts are relayed to the Bluetooth system on my helmet. I soldered and shrinkwrapped all of my connections, and when I plugged everything in I was disappointed! The SR10 would power up, but I couldn't get the laser jammer to power on. If I turn off the SR10, the jammer powers up just fine. I started wondering if some of my soldered connections were the problem, so I began cutting wires and testing the wires in different spots. I was surprised to see that when my hand slipped off the negative connection for the jammer, it powered up WITH the SR10 on, with only the positive connection in place on the jammer! I feel like something definitely isn't right here, can someone shed some light on this?2006 CBR1000RR Radar Detector - Last Post -- posted image.
gordocbr 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2016 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gordocbr
Link to image: http://s24.postimg.org/7nh5aidc5/Motorcycle_Radar_Detector.jpg

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic