the12volt.com spacer
icon

Audison Bit Ten in a 2014 F-150 w/ Sony and Nav

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
criticalmach 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2016 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote criticalmach
Hey guys, I'm going to be installing an Audison Bit Ten on Monday and I had a couple of questions. First, the Bit Ten has 4 channels of input so I was planning on using the FL and FR mid and tweeter. Does anyone know for certain if the Front Speakers/tweeters will give me a full range signal? Crutchfield says yes and I've seen several threads on other forums that say yes, but a few have said no. Looking for a definitive answer here.
Also, I've seen that a weird quirk of the Sony amp that comes with the upgraded Sony Sounds System can start acting funny if it doesn't sense the load of the speaker. Did anyone have to do anything special to get the Bit Ten to work? Or just wire it straight into the speaker outputs from the Sony Amp? Thanks!
series vii 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2016 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote series vii
I have a 14' SuperCrew with the Sony Nav and a Bit One. Easiest place to grab the speaker lines is under the center console at the Amp. Videos on youtube on how to get the console out, not fun! Tried to move to fast and cracked one the the side skirt panels, a $125 lesson learned. Plenty of sharp edges! I tapped the front doors and the tweets into the Bit and gave me a full range signal. Used 16awg ribbon cable to Bit under carpet from console.
I ran the de-equalize and level match program from the laptop, this took 20min or so. The Bit is auto signal sense to give you remote turn on. Even at full volume from the stock amp, it feels like the DSP should be getting more signal. Tried a separate passive and active LOC into the bit with RCA, still didn't get the level I feel it should get, need to play around more. The Aux in from my ipad has plenty of level.
Getting the Bit One to connect to the laptop can be tricky, haven't tried a Bit 10, don't think they are that much different as far as the interface goes. Open the program first, let it scan without the usb first. Close the program. Open again with the USB connected and let it search. Just because the remote shows connected does not mean the dsp connected. It can be hit or miss. Had a RF 360 V3 that would crash the laptop 95% of the time.
I disconnect the rear stock speakers and the center channel from the Sony amp and tapped the wires into the Bit without issue. All the hands free features work fine. The Bit is installed behind the rear seat, there is a trick to releasing the seat backs for some hidden storage. Mounted here for two reasons: Security, and heat. Friend had issues with his under passenger seat. Vent was blowing hot air right on it. Some gaff tape, no more issues before moving to rear wall. Side note, installed remote late at night everything worked fine. Took a drive with polarized sunglasses next day, thought display had crapped out. Going to move remote to overhead console sunglass holder from left of steering wheel for a little more stealth look. So far this thing has been solid and sounds incredible.
Focal K2 165krx3 three way, bi-amped in the doors and A pillars. Focal K2 3" center. Focal K2 165krc coax in the rear and a Fox Box with Sundown 10's. Fox makes two boxes for the 14' Supercrew that are hard to beat. Zapco C2K Amps. Bit One with no outputs left!
keep us posted!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic