the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Prox. sensor worth it?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2003 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2002 avalanche. It has 30% tint on the front and limo tint on the back (I hear tint is a problem). Will a prox. sensor protect both in and outside the truck? All I really want it for is warn-away. Also would it protect the bed of my truck? If I were to get one it would be a dei 508d. Any comments would be great!
Thanks,
Dyer
Dyer
pinchy 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2003 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 508D in my jeep cherokee center console to protect my car pc lcd screen, but I don't know if the 508D is all that great.  It seems to work as it should 80% of the time, but then the sensitivity setting seems to drift around the other 20% of the time.  I think the alarm feature is awesome because you can leave your windows rolled down on hot days, but the warn away feature is questionable.  The warn away chirps on my 790XV aren't all that scary, especially since people barely pay attention to fully blaring car alarms these days.  I actually think the warning chirps might be bad, drawing more attention to you car, letting car thieves know something good is inside or arrousing a bunch of bored teenagers.
Mr Akimoto 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2003 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

I did a lot of research, and the DEI 508D was the top choice. I have a convertible, so protection is important. I sure hope it works the way it should.

Ciao

KBToys 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2003 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
I have the 508D for my truck. I think it works great and I also have tint on all my windows. The way I have the 508D set is for a person to see what I have they would have to cup there hands around the window to see in. The 508D will do warn away chirp if someone where to try that.
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2003 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
thanks those are some good points
Dyer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic