the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

What Power Adapter for 31-LED Worklight?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jwarren808 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2016 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jwarren808
a few months ago i bought a rechargable 31-LED worklight from Autozone, the brand is SURE BILT,     i need to recharge it now, but now i'm not sure what power adapter it came with in the package ?,   
i threw the package away, and it did'nt come with instructions, and it does'nt even list what DC/AC, volt/amp it needs for plugging the correct power adapter into it,    i don't want to plug in the wrong power adapter and damage it,   i took it to autozone and thought i could look at one thats new in the package to see which power adapter it comes with,   but they don't even carry them anymore,    and he told me to just call autozone customer service and ask them,    and i searched all over google and could'nt even find anything about the brand SureBilt ?       i only saw DuraPower, which carries worklights that look identical except with a different brand listed on it.      
usually i keep the power adapters i use for important devices that i use often in a kitchen drawer or some place thats always easy to find when i need it, but i don't know where i put it ?, or it might be one that i saw, which fits it, but just not for sure?
you know any way how i could find out what rating or type of power adapter this worklight supposed to use with it ???      thanks
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 28, 2016 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
The Autozone ebay page lists the LED worklight as 3.6v and 1000mah. Maybe you can find a universal/adjustable power supply at Radioshack or Fry's.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
jwarren808 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2016 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jwarren808
that does suck, how it seems so difficult to simply try to find specifications about a product you bought ?, and they don't even list it (the DC V info) on the device itself ?, i thought that it required due to safety hazard / electrical labels and stuff ?, but i did go up to AutoZone to just look at the same worklight in its package and see which power adapter is in it, but the one i went to did'nt even carry it any longer, and he just said for me to call autozone customer support number, i did but it was the weekend and closed, so i sent a message instead, but they just had a reply saying they will look into the inquiry and get back to me later,
then i called a different AutoZone close by, and they checked and he said they do carry the 31-LED Worklight, so i went up there and looked at it, and right away i could see that the power adapter looked exactly like the one i had in mind, that i thought was the one that came with it (which i had), and so at least i confirmed which one it was.
i plugged it in an outlet and let it charge about 5 or 6 hours, (said 4-6 hours should charge it fully), weird thing is the charge indicator light never lit up at anytime ?
i guess it just supposed to turn red or green or whatever once you plug it in, showing its in the process of recharging, but it still probably charged it up, i don't really know, the reason is cause the light still worked before charging it, after charging , it seemed slightly brighter but could'nt tell if it fully charged or not, i just figured it was time to recharge it since i've had it for months and assumed it was probably time to charge it up, to make the light bright as possible, i can't believe how long the charge lasts ?!!, i thought the light would of died down a long time ago?, but it just kept working ? it also has a car cigarette charge cord too if needed.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic