the12volt.com spacer
icon

downfiring box for a Jeep Wrangler

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2016 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote supradude
Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a 2008 Wrangler with very limited space behind the rear seat (2 door). I have 2 Kicker L7's, 10" the square old school style ones. I have only 12" from the back of the seat to the back of the Jeep. I want to build a box that's 12" front to back, 26" wide and maybe 14" or so tall. I want the box to be vented and I want the subs facing down toward the floor. I need some advice on whether this will work and if anybody has tried this before I waste my time doing it. Thanks in advance.
'85 Toy
supradude 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2016 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote supradude
Surely somebody has done this already.
'85 Toy
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2016 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
I have something similar done by an installer that worked for me. He actually used two 12" subs in a down firing box at the back behind the back seat. It wouldn't fit without modification, so he moved the seat mount forward to have enough room. The box down fired into the amps mounted on the floor below. The box had one open side on the bottom/front so all sound fired down and forward. This also made the amps not easy to steal. The box was securely fastened to the truck for safety. The box also extended upwards to the top edge of the seat to give the box the required volume. The top side of the box extended beyond each side of the rear seat to mount 2 rear speakers that fired forward. It worked very well. Figure out what your subs need for volume in a ported enclosure and build the box accordingly.
sparky
supradude 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2016 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote supradude
Thanks. I'm probably gonna go with 1 10" sub to minimize the space I'd lose.
'85 Toy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic