the12volt.com spacer
icon

Creating A GWR output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prince504 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2016 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prince504
I know.. "why doesn't your remote start have that?"
Well I am trying to install a Push-Button-Start in a vehicle w/ a standard key (it will replace the standard key). The device doesn't have GWR output, thus I wish to create one for the bypass.
The manufacturer of the device does offer a passive bypass (similar to the DEI 556U) but without a GWR input as it constantly deactivates the immobilizer via a induction wire wrap. But I don't wan to sacrifice a key if I don't need too.
Here is the bypass they offer --> http://amzn.to/28J906y
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2016 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Can you post the devices wiring diagram? I don't know which Easystart PTS system you have.
Additionally, knowing what vehicle this will be installed in and what bypass module you plan to use
will help.
My initial thoughts :
The Easystart system must have a high current Ignition output. And it might have a second Ignition
output ( which might be programmable ). If it does have two Ignition outputs and your vehicle only
needs one Ignition, then you have a possible GWR supply. Two issues here. First, most bypass modules
are looking for a (-) GWR signal so a relay would be needed to convert the (+) Ignition signal over to
the (-) signal the bypass requires. The second issue is more subtle. In a normal R/S system, the GRW
signal actual precedes the Ignition Output by a second. Some vehicles need to see the transponder
signal before the Ignition comes on.
If the Easystart system only has one Ignition Output, you can use that signal to trigger two relays.
One will supply the high current (+) Ignition signal to the vehicle and the other relay will convert
the signal to (-) for use as GWR for the bypass module. These relays will keep things isolated.
Soldering is fun!
prince504 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2016 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prince504
kreg357 wrote:
Can you post the devices wiring diagram? I don't know which Easystart PTS system you have.
Additionally, knowing what vehicle this will be installed in and what bypass module you plan to use
will help.
My initial thoughts :
The Easystart system must have a high current Ignition output. And it might have a second Ignition
output ( which might be programmable ). If it does have two Ignition outputs and your vehicle only
needs one Ignition, then you have a possible GWR supply. Two issues here. First, most bypass modules
are looking for a (-) GWR signal so a relay would be needed to convert the (+) Ignition signal over to
the (-) signal the bypass requires. The second issue is more subtle. In a normal R/S system, the GRW
signal actual precedes the Ignition Output by a second. Some vehicles need to see the transponder
signal before the Ignition comes on.
If the Easystart system only has one Ignition Output, you can use that signal to trigger two relays.
One will supply the high current (+) Ignition signal to the vehicle and the other relay will convert
the signal to (-) for use as GWR for the bypass module. These relays will keep things isolated.
Thnx for the response Kreg.
I actually gave up on the venture. I quickly learned after the upgrade that the Easystart system wouldn't work well with my current aftermarket remote start. I would have to go with either the Easystart or my remote start. And I chose the latter.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic