the12volt.com spacer
icon

Power folding mirrors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 5:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
I see!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
What else are traffic lights for but to sort one's messages and emails?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
I though it was a moment to watch life going in different directions! LOL
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Don't need to watch can see with a tracker APP on the phone/tablet.
djhemmen 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
djhemmen 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djhemmen
Sorry...heres the thread mentiined above
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=141431
djhemmen 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djhemmen
I have tried 1A 50V diodes and 3A 50 PIV diodes.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Only suggestion I have is to use the GWA - output to fold mirrors in and ignition to fold out.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
djhemmen wrote:
I noticed that when the car is started and during the timer duration both the pink and blue mirror side wires show 12V while the pink and blue switch side wires show 0V but the blue switch side wire shows 12V for 1-3 seconds when the timer clicks off? The same applies to all wires when the ignitiin is turned off. Shouldn't only 1 motor side wire show 12V and the other show 0V during opening and vice versa during closing?
Yes.
I don't think the switch side wires are resting at ground.
Are you certain the pink and blue wires are the actual motor wires, and are AFTER any module, memory module, body controller, ect? Can you make the mirrors move by grounding one motor-side wire, and applying 12V to the other?
If so, you could add a relay in the opposite wire to supply ground when the timer is active. Adds some complexity, but would work around the switch side wires not resting at ground, and retain the OEM switch.
Another test would be to temporarily connect the timers' brown wires to ground. If you can make the timers fold the mirrors with this configuration, it confirms that the "switch side" wires are NOT resting at ground. This test will only be valid if only ONE timer is activated at a time. (You indicate both timers activate simultaneously. You need to figure out why this is happening, and correct it).
Perhaps this fresh input will help. Lots of chatter in this thread.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Thanks DAVE it does help me, very busy at the moment and I missed the part about both activating at once. WHAAAT?
Also about resting at ground, since they are DATA to door module to mirrors you might be right. Only ever seen rest on open on the REAR door locks on London Taxis, the fronts were NEG switched.
LURCH what GWA?? Have I missed some part about there being an alarm in this thread?
PS Lurch if there was an alarm or RS I'd have used aux outputs linked to arm and disarm as timed circuits with standard relays and forget 528 and 535, unnecessary expense.
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic