the12volt.com spacer
icon

Opinions on box design?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
draggindakota 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2016 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote draggindakota
Been a hot minute since I posted here. I'm currently designing an under seat box for my F150 extended cab. I would prefer ported but sealed is an option also.
Right now I've got it designed as ported and downfiring.
Opinions on box design? - Last Post -- posted image.
Box specs are:
  • 1.72 ft^3 before woofer displacement
  • 3" x 6" rectangular port approx. 21.25" long (obviously will vary due to final box volume and tuning)
  • Shooting for 34 Hz
  • Max box height is 8" outside
Looking for opinions on the design so far. Sub choice is either a 10" Kicker CompVR(4 ohm DVC) or an 8" CompS (8 ohm SVC), as I have both available. The 10 would be getting 300 watts and the 8 would be getting 200 watts, based on what amps I have on hand. My only real concern with the 10" is clearance at the magnet. It will be tight, maybe 1/4". The sub has a vented pole and perimeter vents around the spider.
Here is what I'm getting in WinISD for both subs:
Opinions on box design? - Last Post -- posted image.
Should I keep it downfiring, or fire into the bottom of the seat? I will have my kids riding back there, so I'd rather fire it down but I only have 1" of clearance to the floor. I'd really rather not raise the seat any.
Output isn't really that different even with the 8 getting 100 watts less, but the 10" curve is a lot smoother.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic