the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

impose a daily limit on number of posts?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2016 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
I've seen this happen several times during my tenure here. One individual starts dominating every thread. This behavior discourages others from participating, and therefore any learning opportunities from additional or dissenting opinions are lost because others (particularly the "regulars") don't bother to post during these periods.
Is it possible to limit the number of posts an individual can submit per day? There isn't a lot of traffic on the site, so it's easy for one guy to totally dominate the place. I'd like to see replies from the other guys too. Not just the SAME guy in every thread.
Thanks for reading.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2016 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
@davep. I've been at this on and off for more than 25 years. If the information given is correct and helps the individual asking then it shouldn't matter the source. If I'm not right or missed something someone always chimes in to either correct me or add the additional info. Can always count on @howie II for this and some others. People always want to look a gift horse in the mouth and complain about it. No one here is required to help we do it because we want too, and when we have the time to. So as to spread the knowledge that we have to others. This is not a competition or king of the hill. We all post when time allows. Currently I have a lot of time as I'm not able to work right now. The Ebb and flow of information on this site is due to the time each of us has available at any given time. If you can find more time to give the information that you joined this site for please feel free to do so. Then your post wouldn't have been necessary.
@howie II or anyone else If I'm wrong or out of line with this post please add your opinions, would like to hear from the rest of the Hard working members of this site. Thanks

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic