icon

? on a pyle cd player!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kadman23 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2003 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
I just got a pyle cd player, model plcd34, and it is so dim that i can barely read the display at night, i kant read it at all in the daytime. is it the cd player? can i make it brighter at all???? or maybe something else?
Any and all info is appreciated
Thanks !!!!
jeremy1 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2003 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
did you hook up the illumination wire when you installed it i'm not sure about that model but i've had a couple decks that the ill. wire diddn't work on it made the diplay to dim or not dim at night.If so you might try dissconnecting it .And does the owners manule give you any options to dim or brighten the display most head units do.thats all I got hope it helps.
you will still be here tomorrow but your dreams may not.
kadman23 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2003 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
the only wire that i didnt hook up was the power antena, could that be the problem?????   Well i havent found anything to brighten the display so far, and on the freeking cd player it has no treble, or bass, adjustment either, but it says it does in the manual????   any suggestions!
Thanks    a    lot!!!!!!!!
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2003 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  

i would try to get a refund or exchange it is more than likely a bad unit. if you get another and its the same get a refund and find a better unit.

Big Dave
kadman23 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2003 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
im gunna try to recheck everything one more time before i totally take it out but i am wondering if for some screwed up reason it might just be a wire some where, but ive never used pyle before and after this i probably wont again!!
Thanks!
dadams312 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2003 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

Hate to say it, but you get what you pay for. 

I had a co-worker install one in his truck (semi) at work, so he could listen to some CD's while he was on the road.  The thing skipped so bad there wasn't a point in trying to listen to it.  Then it was dim as you said, not much you can do about it.

kadman23 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2003 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
well i hooked up the power antena and now i have the bass and treble controle, dont ask me why that did it??? but anyways it did, and it worked just fine, however i let it sit overnight and now it doesnt work again. it kiks in and out when it wants to, but the ground is the onlything that i can think it might be i checked and double checked it but is does the same thing. ive come to the conclusion that it is the wiring and not the deck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   any suggestions?????????????
1nicemustang 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2003 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
all else fails..........have a professional do it!! it saves money time and you from going crazy!!? on a pyle cd player! -- posted image.
kadman23 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2003 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
no kidding!!!!   im so tired of it already that im thinking about sellin it and havin a pro put a new one in,   but its not the deck thats the prob so i dono??????????? what to do!?!!!
thanks
cavyman 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2003 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
I would say get rid of the deck altogether.  Pyle makes horrible hu.  I would suggest getting rid of it and getting a new one.  What did you pay for this hu anyway?  You can get a good hu for around $100 these days.
1 plus 1 equals 2
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic