icon

Old Viper 460xv Brown Wire, DEI 516U Voice Module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chrisj000 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hi I am hoping that someone maybe able to help as I am from the uk and can't find anyone knowledgeable about viper alarms over here,my car is fitted with a viper 460xv alarm and I am trying to wire the dei 516u voice module.the problem I have is with the brown wire l,I know that on newer viper alarms the brown is the siren out + wire however on the 460xv it is the -horn output,I have tried wiring it as a non dei alarm with no chirp detection and it works but the voice message and chirps start at the same time and sounds awfull,is there another wire I could use or could I use a relay to switch the polarity of the brown,the only other option I can think of is to keep it as it is a program the alarm chirps off
Thank you chris
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
Voice module is intended to replace the warn away chirps.
Do you have a siren or are you only using the horn honk?
If horn only then you would need to program the chirps off.
If you are adding siren also to replace horn honk then you would just wire positive fused battery lead to relay 86/87,85 to (-) brown siren output, and 30 to siren positive and voice module brown, negative of siren to ground. Then set the unit to Horn constant, and Chirps off.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
No horn is connected,it has a siren with 3 wires red,black and orange.the siren chirps 4 or 5 times when warn away is active and the message is meant to follow straight after those chirps
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
Shock sensor basicly has two out puts short (green) and long (blue). Short triggers the warn away which is adjustable between 20ms-50ms, any longer than that the set time goes to full trigger.
You have one source the short shock sensor pulse triggering both the alarm warn away to siren and the voice module simultaneously.
On the Systems with the (+)brown siren wire,If the warn away is working normally then you need to follow the below by not hooking up the green wire to the warn away input of the module.
Since you have the odd ball system I don't know if the Negative output will be transfered through the relay so the voice module can see the chirps.
The WarnAway® message can be generated without any connections
to the GREEN wire if the system features WarnAway®. the 516U will detect the WarnAway® chirps on the BROWN wire and
generate the WarnAway® message immediately after the chirps.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
You may be stuck with sacrificing the chirps for the voice module. Due to the unit not having a (+) sirern output only a negative horn output.
As your model didn't come with a siren from DEI. Even though you could add it to the unit, which was done.
Unless using this will work:
Directed Security System With On-Board Shock Sensor The 516U will use chirp counting to generate the armed/disarmed/WarnAway® messages. Since the shock sensor is on-board the security system, it is impossible to physically connect to it.
Unless the siren chirps are completely disabled inside the 514T siren itself, all chirps that the security system generates will be heard. Immediately following the chirp(s), the 516U will generate the corresponding voice message.Connect the ORANGE wire of the 516U to the ORANGE groundwhen-armed output of the Directed security system. Connect the BROWN siren input of the 516U to the BROWN siren output of the security system.
Will need to use a relay for voice module input positive.
NOTE: Switch 3 must be ON to enable the 516U to detect
siren chirps except for WarnAway®.
*Note that this is usning the 514T siren!
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
Im wondering if I connected a relay as you described above but connect relay pin 30 to the brown wire of the 516u it may work,if that dosnt work I will leave it as it is and wire in a 3 way rocker switch to the green wire and of the proximity sensor so I can switch between the chirps or warn away message
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
All you can do is give it a try with and with out the green wire connected to see it the voice module can see the chirps or not.
DEI's use of a negative trigger output alarm was a mis-step on their part to sell a model without a siren.
The only other option I can see is to replace the siren with the 514T siren connected to the 30 of the relay with the the positive input of the 516u so it can see the chirps from the siren. You could try this with you current siren but I don't know what model it is so can't say if it may work or not. As it has 3 wires not 2 like the 514T has.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2016 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  
I did look into wiring to the siren,it's a 515esp with battery back up,supplied as part of the alarm by viper,the information I have found is the red wire I a fused +,black is - and the orange is described as the tx signal wire,it may be worth me probing the wires with a tester to see what they do when the alarm is sounding,I'm not going to get chance to try any of this until the weekend but have now have a few more options to try
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2016 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
Connect the first stage output of the shock sensor to the GREEN input of 516U if desired. This connection is not required, but if used, the 516U will generate the WarnAway® message instantly instead of after counting the WarnAway ®chirps.
So if it is working now but they are running at the same time and you have the Green wire connected you need to disconnect it. So it can count the chirps before voice is triggered.
If that doesn't solve the problem then the next step is below!
Ok so the Orange is the siren trigger wire that is connected to the Brown (-) wire from the Alarm horn output then?
The Siren trigger wire can be either Positive or Negitive so a relay can be used to trigger the siren with Positive thru a relay controlled by the (-) horn output. And connect the (+)Brown input from the Voice module to the Positive side of the relay with the orange so it can see the chirps. Leaving the Green Wire disconnected from the voice module. This should solve your problem as the chirps are generated inside the siren.
The WarnAway® message can be generated without any connections
to the GREEN wire if the system features WarnAway®. the
516U will detect the WarnAway® chirps on the BROWN wire and
generate the WarnAway® message immediately after the chirps.
In your case this is the orange wire
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2016 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Old Viper 460xv Brown Wire, DEI 516U Voice Module -- posted image.
The siren has its own dedicated plug on the main control box,the brown - is not connected to anything,the image above is is what I have.i am hoping that if I diode protect the orange and connect to the 516u brown with a relay it should work.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic