the12volt.com spacer
icon

python 5906p - 2002 tacoma

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fred69 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2016 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fred69
Hi everyone. I have some questions and a heads up for anyone doing an install. I am new and my fist post and my first install.
The heads up. The Tacoma only has 1 starter wire (black) and connect it to the violet of the remote start 10-pin. Green I did not use and didn't work.
Door inputs: I only used the green wire from the 24 pin python harness and connected it to the green wire on the 22 pin connector on the front of the fuse box. Although python says the green and violet input wires are mandatory for a manual transmission....I did not use the violet nor did I diode isolate the green wire. It works. I am not sure what a isolation wire even does.
My question on parking light hookup. I found online to use the green wire from the 12 pin connector on the back side of the fuse box. This does not work. I can unplug this connector and the parking lights stay on. According to bulldog and many others,
Truck wires....green + (12pin) and PURPLE / red - (22pin)
Python wires....white (output) and WHITE/ brown (isolation wire - pin 87a of onboard relay)No polarity given.
I did connect both wires and got a light hum from the door chime, they must be the wrong truck wires specified or I am not doing it right. I did look on Alldata and Mitchell to see what these wires are or which ones I need, but no luck yet.
My Tacoma is a manual with a clutch over ride button on the dash. I jumped the blk/ yellow and blk/white and remote start works. Is there a kit (or something) to override this button so the starter relay is activated. Or can I use any other wires on the python 24pin harness?
I am considering to use one my aux functions to roll the windows up/down. Which wires would I use from the 24pin? Is it even possible without getting into adding relays, etc?
Thank you for the help.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2016 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
See if these help.
2001-2003 Toyota Tacoma Wiring Diagram
12 VOLT CONSTANT   WHITE (+) and WHITE/ RED (+)    @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER BLACK (+)   @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER 2 N/A   
IGNITION 1 BLACK/ RED (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 2 BLACK / YELLOW (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 3 N/A     
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1 BLUE/RED (+)   @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A     
KEYSENSE LIGHT GREEN/ RED (-)   @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) PURPLE / RED (-)   @ FRONT of FUSEBOX, 22-PIN Plug
PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) GREEN (+)   @ BACK of FUSEBOX, 12-PIN Plug
POWER LOCK GRAY (TYPE B), See NOTE #1   @ 22-PIN PLUG, FRONT of FUSE BOX
POWER UNLOCK PURPLE (TYPE B), See NOTE #1   @ 22-PIN PLUG, FRONT of FUSE BOX
DOOR TRIGGER See NOTE #2   @ 22-PIN PLUG, FRONT of FUSE BOX
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION GREEN (-), (Requires Part #775 Relay)   @ 22-PIN PLUG, FRONT of FUSE BOX
TRUNK RELEASE N/A     
SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A     
HORN GREEN/ RED (-)   @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
TACH LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK (AC)   See NOTE #3
WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A     
BRAKE GREEN / WHITE (+)   @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
FACTORY ALARM DISARM   N/A     
ANTI-THEFT N/A     
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2016 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
fred69 wrote:
Door inputs: I only used the green wire from the 24 pin python harness and connected it to the green wire on the 22 pin connector on the front of the fuse box. Although python says the green and violet input wires are mandatory for a manual transmission....I did not use the violet nor did I diode isolate the green wire. It works. I am not sure what a isolation wire even does.
A door input is required , either a positive or negative input not both.
fred69 wrote:
My question on parking light hookup. I found online to use the green wire from the 12 pin connector on the back side of the fuse box. This does not work. I can unplug this connector and the parking lights stay on. According to bulldog and many others,
What matters is does this turn on the parking lights.
fred69 wrote:
Truck wires....green + (12pin) and PURPLE / red - (22pin)
Python wires....white (output) and WHITE/ brown (isolation wire - pin 87a of onboard relay)No polarity given.
Polarity is selected under the small access door, and isolation is for vehicles that need the vehicle switch isolated from feedback from R/S light output.
fred69 wrote:
My Tacoma is a manual with a clutch over ride button on the dash. I jumped the blk/ yellow and blk/white and remote start works. Is there a kit (or something) to override this button so the starter relay is activated. Or can I use any other wires on the python 24pin harness?
Test to see if the starter wire goes thru clutch or if it is a interlock. If starter wire goes thru the clucth the you can hook the R/S Violet to the out side of clutch instead of the Black at ignition.
Do not use the Auto Trans Mode on this vehicle, only Manual Mode using "Reservation Mode"
Parking brake input, Door input,Brake shutdown must be hooked up.
fred69 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2016 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fred69
Thanks lurch.
I have this list and I do have the remote start working. I'm hoping someone has the same truck and wanting to hear what they did to bypass the clutch problem and if they have the same parking light issues. The problems are on the truck side. Being I worked on vehicles for 20yrs I have access to wiring diagrams, which I will look into later on tonight.
I will say I have no experience installing alarms/remote starts but I did get this one working. What I need to read up on is the wiring terminology they use. For ex: (-)200ma aux 1 output. So say I wanted this to work my windows. I would use this to ground a add on relay? I know I couldn't use the truck relay since the key has to be turned to power up that relay. Also would I have to the aux 2 too? 1 for up and 2 for down?
I really only wanted the basic start/alarm, but now I find myself reading post about flashing, d2d, dball...etc. I have no idea what this stuff is and I don't think I will need it. I don't plan on getting to crazy with this unit, just want the simple hook ups.
fred69 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2016 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fred69
Door inputs are working. I posted that about the violet so someone with the same unit doesn't pull their hair out for an hour like I did. lol.
Lights do not work with that green wire.
I didn't know anything about a polarity switch. I will look for that and give it a try. Thanks.
I think you are right on the clutch. I am looking at the wiring diagram. Battery power goes straight to starter relay. Black ign wire (fused 7.5) goes to small junction box (j/b3) which branches off to the pedal switch and the dash switch (blk/yel) then once closed feeds the other side of starter relay. (Blk/white on the other side of pedal switch) I am going to use that one. I didn't even see that earlier and I looked at the diagram for an hour. I wouldn't have looked again either if you didn't say anything. Thanks again. Also the dash switch looks to be a loop around the pedal switch. Your just using your finger to start.
Awesome.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2016 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Parkingight polarity is a fuse the bridges either positve to output or negative to output depending on which 2 0f the 3 connectors you plug it into. Typically fuse is not installed from the factory.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2016 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Test clutch wires input and relay side for positive voltage or continuity to ground so you know whether it's connecting power or ground to starter relay.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic