the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706V Single Chirp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2016 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alpine0000
Hey guys. I can't find it in the owners manual, so I figured I'd ask here...
Last year I installed a Viper 5706V alarm with remote start, as well as the DBALL2 bypass module and XKLOADER2 using D2D in my 2015 4Runner. It's working in conjunction with the factory alarm, and I have the Viper chirps turned off so when I arm/disarm the Viper, it also arms/disarms the factory system, and I only hear the factory Toyota chirps.
However, last night I left my dome light on when I went into the mall for an hour. Ever since I did that, when I disarm the alarm there is a single chirp from the viper siren (the dome light is off now but it's still doing this single chirp when I disarm it). This only happens when I disarm it -- There are no chirps when I arm it. I can't figure out what this single chirp means on disarm. Maybe the dome light thing was just a coincidence and has nothing to do with the problem though?
I looked in the owners manual and the install guide and did a quick-and-dirty google search. Can anybody here help with the answer?
Thanks in advance.
William
2015 4Runner TRD Pro
-Viper 5706V alarm/remote start
-Viper DBALL2 Bypass Module
-Valentine One radar detector
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Alarm Report when disarming
The most recent alarm triggers (if any) are reported when the alarm
is disarmed via the remote control, siren chirps, parking light and
control center LED flashes. The siren chirps four times (or five times
if NPC On*), the parking lights flash three times, and the control
center LED flashes in groups to indicate the last two zones that were
triggered (see Table of Zones). The DISARM text is replaced by
ALARM REPORT and text identifying the triggers.
Feature Details
Table of Zones
Zone # (led flashes) Zone Name
1 Trunk
2 Shock Sensor
3 Door
4 Sensor 2
5 Ignition
6 Hood
Bypassed sensors automatically reset after one hour and after the
vehicle is driven.
Disarming then re-arming the alarm does not reset bypassed sensors.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2016 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Turning ignition on should clear it.
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alpine0000
lurch228 wrote:
Bypassed sensors automatically reset after one hour and after the
vehicle is driven.
Disarming then re-arming the alarm does not reset bypassed sensors.
howie ll wrote:
Turning ignition on should clear it.
Thanks for the replies Viper 5706V Single Chirp? -- posted image.
I have driven the car multiple times since then. I drove it home from the mall after the dome light occurrence, and drove it many times today to run errands. It did the single chirp thing all day. And when I came home and parked it in my garage tonight, I tested it by arming and disarming the alarm, and still got the single chirp after disarming.
I just went out to the garage and made sure all the doors and rear hatch is closed, and i turned the ignition on and back off again, got out of the car, armed the alarm, and disarmed it. Another single chirp.
I'm boggled!
2015 4Runner TRD Pro
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I think Lurch is on to something. Backprobe the alarm harness and test if the trunk (hatch) trigger is active while the hatch closed. If it is, disconnect it temporarily and see if the chirp goes away. If this is provided by the DBALL2, maybe you could reset it. If that doesn't work, try to hardwire that input.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alpine0000
Coincidentally, the trunk is the only input on the alarm I didn't hook up -- that input is capped off. The alarm goes off when the trunk is open because it shares the same circuit as the doors, and I have the doors hooked up, so I didn't bother with the trunk...
Could it now be oddly malfunctioning because it's sensing nothing is hooked up to the trunk input on the alarm? It has worked fine for the past year as-is.
2015 4Runner TRD Pro
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Nope.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
If you didn't connect the trunk input, verify it's properly isolated (tape off the end or double it over and use some heat shrink) to make sure it can't accidentally short to ground. Also inspect the insulation for any damage (knicks, pinches, etc.). These problems can be intermittent, and may not show up right away.
Alternatively, you could remove that wire from the harness completely using a paper clip or something similar.
If none of that works, I've reset my units by unplugging the harnesses and shorting the pins that connect to battery power and ground. This sometimes clears up unexplained hiccups.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Could be a issue with the contacts in the trunk latch. You vehicle is too new but I've seen in older vehicles the wires shorting where they flex between the trunk lid and the body.
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2023 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote infinkc
alpine0000 wrote:
Hey guys. I can't find it in the owners manual, so I figured I'd ask here...
Last year I installed a Viper 5706V alarm with remote start, as well as the DBALL2 bypass module and XKLOADER2 using D2D in my 2015 4Runner. It's working in conjunction with the factory alarm, and I have the Viper chirps turned off so when I arm/disarm the Viper, it also arms/disarms the factory system, and I only hear the factory Toyota chirps.
However, last night I left my dome light on when I went into the mall for an hour. Ever since I did that, when I disarm the alarm there is a single chirp from the viper siren (the dome light is off now but it's still doing this single chirp when I disarm it). This only happens when I disarm it -- There are no chirps when I arm it. I can't figure out what this single chirp means on disarm. Maybe the dome light thing was just a coincidence and has nothing to do with the problem though?
I looked in the owners manual and the install guide and did a quick-and-dirty google search. Can anybody here help with the answer?
Thanks in advance.
William
sorry to bump an old post, did you ever figure this out? mine is doing the same. I also dont have the trunk wire connected. It is isolated away and not grounding.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic