the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5305v direct wire info Opel vectra 2006

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chrisj000 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2016 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
Hi I'm in the process of installing of installing a viper remote start system,with dball2 and dei 556uw.im still waiting for the 556uw to arrive but have a niggling feeling that I've missed something ,I'm finding it impossible find any wiring diagram or locations for the factory immobiliser and was hoping that I could log in to my Directechs account and get the info from there,but my user account won't give me access.i was hoping that someone would be willing to log in and either pm me the info or post here.
The vehicle is an Opel Vectra 2006 model and can be found on the European website and the info I need is for the ignition and accessory I currently have just ING1 and Acc1 but would like to confirm if a 2nd source is needed,and haven't been able to find any info on the transponder i.e. Keysence thanks in advance
Chris
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Read the instructions for the DB-ALL2 it shows you everything needed.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
The dball is wired as instructions say and works fine as far as I can tell howie,remote locks and unlocks the car as it should.but the car will not remote start unless the key is in and turned to position 2.it won't start with just the key placed in the barrel either which makes me think ive either missed a wire somewhere on the viper side of things.ive got full ingnition lights and acc works,I can remote start the car then remove the key and it will run until I either push the foot brake or press the start button again,i was thinking the must be another wire that makes the car think that the key is in the barrel if that makes sense or it needs a 2nd ignition source
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Auto or manual?
Look for fail to start diagnostics on the sheet that comes with the 5305.
BLACK/ white to handbrake, If auto just earth it always needed to earth that on Astras. DB-ALL2 never picked up handbrake or bonnet switch.
Is there a black plug with the Viper with two wires? Plug it in and turn the switch to on.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
It's a manual,BLACK/ white wire to earth dball instructions said to connect to BLACK / YELLOW of dball but connected to earth to trouble shoot,bonnet pinswitch grey wire to earth,only switch I have connect between BLACK/ white wire and earth but not used at the moment.also RED / black on the viper is connected to 12v(not on the dball instructions)pink wire and orange wire for acc and ing1,the violet start wire not used as starter operates through canbus
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
If the grey wire goes to earth rather than a bonnet switch it will think the bonnet is open and won't let you start.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Simply put, if the grey wire sees an earth and the BLACK/ white doesn't it won't start. Forget the DB-ALL2 I'm talking about the 5305 and hardwire handbrake and bonnet switch, the DB-ALL2 won't recognise them via the CAN system on Vauxhalls of that vintage.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
Sorry mate I typed wrong bonnet pin switch grey is not connected,howie when you say that you have done an Astra before did you need to use a separate transponder bypass as there is no mention of it on the dball information I have found?another member on here has said it's needed so have taken his word for it ,I'm also wondering if connecting the violet wire to starter is worth considering
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes 556U.
You'll probably need a basic key from Timpsons etc. to fit in the 556U
If the starter turns over when you actuate R/S when key is in position 2 then you don't need to connect to the starter wire.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
Il wait for the 556 to arrive get that fitted and go from there,I have an old key that the lock button doesn't work but still starts the car I can sacrifice that and just fit the pcb in,I can then use the blade to test the ignition,if when I get it working il be wanting that smart start from you if it's still available
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic