the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Mazda 6 w/ 4816v oem alarm sounds during re

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtreme49 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2016 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtreme49
Hey guys was wondering if anyone here has done a late model mazda with single wire arm/disarm. I've installed the 4816v with the dball2 d2d wired. The problem I'm having is when the car remote starts the oem alarm goes off, any ideas on what I might be over looking? Settings/Hookups
Right now car remote starts, oem alarm goes off, and I silence it using oem remote.
xtreme49 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2016 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtreme49
This my current set up
2015 Mazda 6 w/ 4816v oem alarm sounds during re -- posted image.
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2016 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dcman41
holy doodie thats a lot of extra work. i personally always check between the dball2 and the idatalink ADS-ALCA for bypasses, whichever provides a better solution. In your case, the ads-alca would have had a much more simplified install. according to your diagram it looks like you are using a 2k ohm resistor on the door lock mux wires? I just pulled up the dball2 diagram from directechs and it doesnt show that. but im also not sure if that pertains to your issue. If the car is unlocked/disarmed does the factory alarm still go off during the remote start?
xtreme49 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2016 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtreme49
hahahaha on response^^^
My bad I meant a 1k resister referencing directwire:
*Factory Alarm Arm WHITE/ green (driver door key lock) -1000 ohms
*Alarm Disarm (same as factory alarm arm) double Disarm
If the car is unlock/disarm the factory alarm doesn't go off.
I wasn't scared installing the dball2 but after starting to troubleshoot this thing kind of wished I did go with idatalink...lol.
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2016 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dcman41
I dont see the resistor on the dball2 sheet for your car. I wouldnt use it, the dball2 should control everything thru d2d. Since you used the dball2 with d2d you should not have to worry about door lock/unlock resistance. That photo with the resistor in it might only be if you are directly connecting the door lock wires to the car. Make sure you tie both mux outputs together and then connect one of them to the mux wire in the car WITHOUT the resistor.
"When installing this solution in one of the vehicles from this guide, the vehicle's OEM alarm will no longer be functional. The installation of a hybrid system (remote starter and alarm combo) is highly recommended to preserve vehicle security.
It is normal for the key symbol to flash during remote start."
Dont use factory alarm arm/disarm wires at all, only use output from dball2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic