the12volt.com spacer
icon

98 Altima Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brooklynstayf 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2016 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brooklynstayf
Hi guys, I was wondering if someone could provide me with some information. I have a 1998 Nissan Altima GLE and looking to install a Encore E9 Remote Starter. Upon doing some research I notice a note for the wiring color code/ diagram. I've been searching hours on how to make the proper connections but no luck.
I am a bit confused on how to connect the wires to the relay for the accessory isolation diagram.
Also if possible can anyone tell me which wires to use for the remote start and alarm or offer any advice? Sorry If I am asking for too much.
Below are the notes, the diagram, vechicle wiring coloring and Encore E9 remote starter installtion manual
NOTE *1 When Installing a REMOTE STARTER, you MUST use BOTH Starter #1 and Starter #2 wires. Both wires must be connected to the STARTER/CRANKING Output wire from the Remote Starter or the vehcile will NOT Remote Start when the Engine is cold.
The encore e9 has two starter outputs so I think I should be able to connect the first starter to the first starter output and the second starter to the second starter output. In addition the remote start also had two accessory output wire....Do i still need to use the accessory isolation relay??? I am so confused 98 Altima Remote Start -- posted image. 98 Altima Remote Start -- posted image.
NOTE *2 THIS VEHICLES ACCESSORY #1 WIRE MUST BE ISOLATED FOR REMOTE STARTING AND REQUIRES AN EXTRA RELAY PART #775, TO PREVENT THE VEHICLE FROM OVER CRANKING WITH THE IGNITION KEY, TO CONNECT, See DIAGRAM
Nissan Accessory Isolation Circuit http://diagrams.marktoonen.nl/DOWNLOADS/14301_ALTIMA_NISSAN%20ACCESSORY%20ISOLATION%20CIRCUIT.pdf
Encore E9 Installation manual
http://encoreautomotivesystems.com/content/pdf/E9_install_manual.pdf
Car Wiring Code
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx
http://www.alarmsellout.com/support/diagrams/vehicle/NISSAN%20ALTIMA%201993-2005.pdf
http://www.S P A M.com/1998-nissan-altima-remote-start-system-wiring/
http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/1998-2001/nissan/altima/1607.html
Thanks in advance
a.h
bat9905 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2016 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
I've done a couple of these . I've never used a relay for two starter wires and never had a problem . As far as the accessory isolation just follow relay diagram .
bat9905
brooklynstayf 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2016 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brooklynstayf
98 Altima Remote Start -- posted image.
Thanks for the reply!
If I use this accessory isolation diagram
Pin 86 and 87 are 12v constants which i will fuse at 30 amps
Pin 87a is accessory wire from ignition side
Pin 30 is accessory wire from car side
Pin 85 is (-) accessory...since my accessory output is (+) on the remote start should I use the ground when running output (GWR)?
Does this look right? If so...what do I do with the accessory 1 output
on the remote start?
Also I believe the car has a accessory 2...should I connect that to the accessory 2 output on the remote start? No isolation needed?
Ive just went to the installtion manual and noticed something. On the remote start I notice the accessory 2 is a (-) output
Let's say if I use the (-) accessory 2 output on the relay instead of the ground when running wire... which output on the remote start will I connect the accessory 2 to the car?
Am I over thinking this?
Looking foward hearing from you guys
a.h
brooklynstayf 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2016 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brooklynstayf
Let's say I wire it this way
Pin 86 and 87 are 12v constants which i will fuse at 30 amps
Pin 87a is accessory wire from ignition side
Pin 30 is accessory wire from car side
Pin 85 is (-) ground when running (GWR)?
My question above for what to do with the accessory 1 output on the remote start.
Should I tie accessory 1 (+) on remote start to pin 30 on the relay?
I'm thinking the remote start needs to see this wire connected in order to work properly.
The only question I would have after this, if I wire it this way is what to do with the second accessory wire? I'm guessing on the car accessory 2 is a (+) and on the remote starter the output is a (-)
I also found these wiring diagrams...
a.h
bat9905 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2016 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
Follow the second diagram and as far as the second acc I usually determine what it powers and if it isn't needed I don't power it up . Use the starter output to power both starter wires and you will be good
bat9905
brooklynstayf 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2016 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brooklynstayf
Following the second diagram this is how I will be making the connections.
Pin 85 and 87 to 12v constants fused at 30 amps
Pin 86 to remote start (-) ground when running output
Pin 87a accessory on ignition key side
Pin 30 accessory under dash side and to remote start (+) accessory one output
You said I might not need accessory 2
But if I do, can I connect accessory 2 to the remote start (-) accessory output
The polarity is different
Now with the starter wire
Should I wire both starter using a relay?
Or
Starter 1 on car to remote start (+) starter one output
Starter 2 on car to remote start (-) starter 2 output
Again the polarity would be different
Or I connect starter one and starter two on car to remote start starter one output but wouldn't that overload that output on the remote start if I connect two starter wires to it?
Thanks and sorry for being annoying
a.h
bat9905 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2016 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
If you choose to power acc 2 you are gonna have to use a relay and convert polarity from negative to positive . I'm Not famialir with encore brand but with audiovox you can change programming to cover other acc As for starter 2 the output of remote start can usually support two wires in my experience . 5the other wire is typically used for extremely cold weather
bat9905
brooklynstayf 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2016 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brooklynstayf
Thank you! I'll let you know how it goes. I should be giving it a try over the weekend. Any tips or advice would be great.
a.h

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic