the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote Start Not Working, 2009 Accord, Code Alarm CA5554

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
twarren54 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2016 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote twarren54
Code Alarm CA5554 remote starter not working.
Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord, automatic, 4 cyl, not push button start
Items used: Code Alarm CA5554, Flashlogic flcan64 FLC-AL(DL)-HA3-EN (flashed by Crutchfield)
The vehicle will not remote start. When I push the start button on the remote the running lights illuminate but the engine doesn't crank. After a few seconds the running lights turn off and the process repeats. This happens 4 or 5 times and then it stops. The parking lamps flash 1 time after the final attempt. This is a new issue. The remote start system had worked flawlessly for 11 months.
All other aspects of the CA5554 seem to be working.
The flcan is wired on pins 2,3,4 and 6 of the vehicles white 7 pin plug at the immobilizer control unit per instructions.
The ca5554 is wired on pins 1,2,3and 5 of the vehicles white 5 pin plug at the ignition switch per instructions.
I also wired for the rear defrost. I used pin 6 of the vehicles green 33 pin plug at the drivers fuse box.
I also wired for a hood pin. I used pin 9 (gray wire) of the Code Alarm 11 pin main harness.
Any help diagnosing the issue would be greatly appreciated.
twarren
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2016 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
First, you may want to confirm that you are not in Valet mode.
Valet Mode is used to disable the system from remote starting. To enter or exit valet
mode simply follow the 4 steps outlined below:
1. Turn the vehicle’s ignition ON.
2. Push and hold the programming/valet button.
3. The LED will turn on solid when valet mode is active
4. Release the programming/valet button.
Also, I would look at the shutdown diagnostics and see why the system believes it shut down.
If the remote start shuts down or fails to start, the parking lights will flash one of the patterns below indicating the shutdown input. To manually enter diagnostics and view the last shutdown, turn the ignition ON and
press and release the button.
LED FLASHES SHUTDOWN ZONE
3 Flashes Hood Input
Brake Input
4 Flashes Remote Start Valet Mode
5 Flashes Manual Transmission Mode not set (manual
transmission models only)
7 Flashes Tach not learned / Crank Average not learned
Finally I would look at the Flashlogic module diagnostics from the FLCAN manual.   
This information should lead you in the right direction for debug.
Lectric Guy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic