the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Santa Fe Voxx Alarm + Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eagle2097 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2016 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eagle2097
I'm installing a Voxx Electronics APS-787E in a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe. I found wiring information on this site for the car here: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=133836
I have found the schematic to be accurate for the most part and have most things wired up. I noticed there is both a door lock/unlock and an alarm arm/disarm. I would like the car to operate like factory and arm the alarm when the doors are locked and simply use the horn and flash lights when the alarm is set off.
What is the best way to wire the door locks/alarm? I'm trying to avoid having to pull the door panel as those wires must enter the vehicle at some point and I'd rather make the termination inside the vehicle if possible.
eagle2097 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2016 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eagle2097
It is worth pointing out that even locking the car with the key in the door does not activate the OEM alarm. I'm unsure if it even works. I was thinking most vehicles would activate the alarm if you locked it at the door.
This has me wondering if the alarm will even arm correctly if I get it to lock/unlock the doors. I may need to rely on the Voxx Prestige alarm to perform the alarm function, which would be fine. At this point, I've been tinkering with it for a solid day and I need to get something working and maybe look at it another day.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
bat9905 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2016 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
Have you tested the the factory alarm ? I will usually roll down windows and lock doors with factory remote or driver door key cylinder . Wait about 30 seconds then unlock manually through window . Audiovox suggests factory arm as yellow - pin 1 at bcu white 20 pin plug and disarm green - pin 2
bat9905
eagle2097 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2016 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eagle2097
I checked like that before but I didn't wait 30 second. I'll check again. Where did you find audiovox recommended wiring? Can you link me to some schematic or instructions please?
eagle2097 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2016 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eagle2097
I did exactly as you recommended (waited 30 seconds). I found that unlocking the door did not set the OEM alarm off, but opening the door did. So, I guess that means the OEM alarm works.
From a Directed tech doc 1300, it states that the door locks/OEM alarm requires a ground pulse on the arm wire and open circuit on the lock detection wire to arm. To disarm, the lock dectection wire needs to be grounded and needs 2 pulses on the disarm wire.
I guess my question is where is the lock/unlock and detect wires? I called Audiovox support and they were less than helpful.
bat9905 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2016 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
I don't have a location for bcu but it states white 20 pin plug . Look for those arm and disarm wires on pin 1 and 2 . It does state it is under steering wheel . Use dmm to test but they should be negative pulse
bat9905
bat9905 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2016 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
I take it you didn't need a bypass module ? Flash logic FLCAN would control all this thru data which makes the install so much easier
bat9905
eagle2097 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2016 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eagle2097
I will look around for those arm/disarm wires.
No, I didn't use a bypass module and I didn't have a passkey to bypass. I looked into the bypass modules like FLCAN, but I couldn't find where to buy one and noticed they probably won't support me anyway because I don't sell them. As I discovered with Audiovox support, they only support dealers. It's almost as if someone doing this job in their on garage on their own time because all the shops are back logged an entire month is somehow eating off their plate.
I'm 95% there. The car starts fine, the alarm works fine, the passenger doors all lock/unlock fine. The driver's door does not unlock because I believe that is tied to the alarm arm/disarm function. Hopefully these last couple wires get me in business.
Much appreciate your help!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic