the12volt.com spacer
icon

lost on dome lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dports70 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2016 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dports70
2008 f150 w/ keyless entry, I'm trying to activate the dome light delay when unlocking truck. I've installed a compustart 800 everything else is working flawless, remote start, door lock, and unlock, just stuck with lights.
my remote start doesn't have a courtesy light wire so I'm trying to trigger it off the door unlock with a relay. i know that black / blue is dome light (+) and ORANGE / lt green is (-) , i have wired it the following way
lost on dome lights -- posted image.
#86 to unlock trigger.
#30 to BLACK/ blue
no luck, ham able to activate the light through the ORANGE / lt green with relay but it only stays on the 1 sec the relay pulses
any help would greatly be appreciated
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2016 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
I would think you would be better off using something like a dei 528T to trigger the dome lights off the unlock wire of the remote start
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
prince504 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2016 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prince504
chev104275 wrote:
I would think you would be better off using something like a dei 528T to trigger the dome lights off the unlock wire of the remote start
@chev104275 are you familiar with the DEI 535T window roll up module? Ever installed one?
dports70 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2016 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dports70
chev104275 wrote:
would you be so kind as to share how this would be wired up?
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2016 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Yellow = Ground
Brown = To dome light - trigger wire in vehicle
Black w/stripe = To unlock output - from alarm
Black = Ground
Red = +12V Fused supply
I believe your dome light wire is ground triggered
DOOR TRIGGER     BLACK / YELLOW (-)     A DRIVERS SIDE KICK PANEL     
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION     USE DOOR TRIGGER
Test to confirm
I know the older 04 -07 trucks are positive triggered so it could depend on build date   if you find it is positive trigger then you would put the yellow to 12v
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION     BLACK/ LIGHT BLUE (+)     IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, GRAY Plug, Pin 6
dports70 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2016 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dports70
chev104275 wrote:
Yellow = Ground
Brown = To dome light - trigger wire in vehicle
Black w/stripe = To unlock output - from alarm
Black = Ground
Red = +12V Fused supply
I believe your dome light wire is ground triggered
DOOR TRIGGER     BLACK / YELLOW (-)     A DRIVERS SIDE KICK PANEL     
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION     USE DOOR TRIGGER
Test to confirm
yes the ORANGE / lt green is (-) and triggers light on, thank you for the awesome responces
chev104275 
Posted: December 28, 2016 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
No problem good luck
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2016 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brownsfan1
I'm pretty sure that compustar has a dome supervision output. It will be a negative output and you will need a relay to trigger it.
dports70 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2016 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dports70
The 800 model does not, unless it's not labeled
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2016 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brownsfan1
You are right. I just looked at one I had in stock. I guess it's not a popular option. Because I looked at the Python 4105 I have and they don't have the output either. You have to go to a higher model
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic