the12volt.com spacer
icon

Bad idatalink ALCA? Red light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdbtsi 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2017 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jdbtsi
I'm currently working on a 2008 Saturn Aura that has factory remote start but the range sucks. It's basically a Malibu. When going through the programming procedure it will just red light on me.
After selecting Data or Wired mode (it doesn't matter but figured it couldn't hurt to check), closing and opening the door, insert the key and hello red led. Everytime. It looks like this means it's waiting for more vehicle information but I've triple checked all the connections and the orange wire is connected to the #1 pin on the ODBII connector.
I even went as far as flashing it with older firmware just to see if it had something to do with that. No luck.
Has anyone ever had a bad AL-CA?
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2017 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
Why don't you start by telling us all the connections that you made from the remote starter and bypass to the car ?
triniforever
jdbtsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2017 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jdbtsi
Sorry, you're right. I went into frustration/panic mode and was hoping someone worth just tell me "You did this wrong you dummy."
It's a 4706v
Acc and Ign-Proper wires connected from the 4706 and the alca.
Passlock wire-Cut and WHITE/ black to connector and then WHITE/ red and yellow to the vehicle side.
Orange wire from alca to pin 1 on the odbII connector
Sexurity light cut-Blue/red and purple wires to security light on bcm side and blue / YELLOW vehicle side
I've also hooked up the RAP shutdown wire but that shouldn't matter I'd think.
Those should be the wires relative to the programming process that isn't working. Seems right as far as I can tell.
Thanks for the space on here.
jdbtsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2017 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jdbtsi
And obviously I tried D2D port and the W2W for power.
Sorry forgot that.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2017 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Think I've had two bad ADS AL-CA's over the years. Both had issues with the Orange output wire that usually gets used for a MUX or Data type wire.
Soldering is fun!
jdbtsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2017 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jdbtsi
Does anyone know exactly what "Waiting for more vehicle information" means?
That it's not hearing from the data bus or not seeing a voltage/correct voltage from the passlock wire? Hopefully I'll get to poke at it a bit this evening and test some other things out.
jdbtsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2017 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jdbtsi
Oh and thanks for this post Kreg: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=129707#645061
Pretty much gave me everything I needed on a silver platter. Kudos
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
Test the BLACK/ white and pink wires at the ADS module with a multimeter to make sure they're getting accessory and ignition voltage at the right times. Also verify that you didn't mix up the WHITE/ black and WHITE/ red wire connections on the passlock wire.
jdbtsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2017 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jdbtsi
Thanks for the post.
I'm going to go through all this as soon as I can. A million other things happening right now so it may not be till the weekend. I'll post up what I find in case someone else runs into this in the future. It'll probably one little thing I screwed up but we'll see...
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2017 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brownsfan1
Are you following the program procedure? The led does not turn green until the key
1. Insert Key in ignition. Wait 3 sec
2. Turn key to accy. Wait 3 sec
3. Turn to on wait 3 sec
4. start car hold Key for 3 sec in crank position
Then the led turns green. Are you following this procedure?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic