the12volt.com spacer
icon

Alarm goes off when connected to charger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chrisf8657 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisf8657
My Viper 5901 goes off randomly when connected to my battery charger, even when the charger is in Maintenance mode (full battery).
The alarm was installed by a shop.
Is there a solution here?
justjacked27 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2017 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote justjacked27
I got that. Feeling sick from crash so I haven't been back to shop, they want to see it. 3 charges same problem, they said it may be a door sensor problem. Says "shock" sensor (also have open hood and open door and those don't show up). I do know there was a problem during install while having it put in I wanted to add a xpress window modules for auto window close and open while it was being done. They tried the xpress module and straight from the 5901 both had same problem couldn't get either to work without key in ignition. Later needed to take drivers door panel off and show they tried to ground the door but what ever they did they left a terminal ring hooked to a bolt with a few feet of black wire that went to nothing. If you figure it out let me know , and if anyone else could help me out with why they couldnt do a xpress module or straight from the 5901 let me know. Installer said he hasn't had this problem before and it may be because it was a newer car when it was installed. Sorry for long post, not sure if window problem may narrrow it down.
Looking for the TJ Voice Synthesizer 4/12 In Damascus Maryland 10/09

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic