the12volt.com spacer
icon

Parts Comparability for 2-way upgrade?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
punishert4r 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote punishert4r
Hello friends, I'm the FNG, anyhow I'm looking for input on compatibility of parts to do an upgrade from 1-way to 2-way remote start system.
I have already installed an Directed 4X05 and I am wondering if a 6112t with transmitter be compatible to give me 2-way operatio( obviously I will have to add an 2-way remote ) .
TIA
Punisher T4R
punishert4r 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote punishert4r
Sorry it's a 2004 4Runner
Punisher T4R
punishert4r 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2017 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote punishert4r
I meant 6211t
Also I have the DBALL2 and DSM350 installed
Punisher T4R
punishert4r 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2017 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote punishert4r
Bump
Punisher T4R
jap1975 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2017 at 5:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jap1975
One way remote start model is different to 2 way model, so best way is upgrade to two way. Instead of incrimental upgrade remove the one way and install 2 way remote start that way it gives the real time information of whether your vehicle is started or idle. My personal recommendation is 2 way that gives you the confirmation that the vehicle have been started and the status can be quired when in doubt. Also 2 way starters are safer. in the sense it gives information realtime.
Hi doing myself will bring great happiness and satisfaction even at the cost of time.
punishert4r 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2017 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote punishert4r
Thank you for the reply "jap1975", I have a few questions; are you saying that the brain of the 1-way and 2-way are different?? I was told elsewhere that all the communication is handled via the transmitter/antenna ie; (6211t)...? You refer to "real time" feedback in a sense that using my existing brain and the 6211t I won't have that. If paired with a remote that has the ghost lights or LCD screen won't confirmation and real time feedback be displayed there??!!
Punisher T4R

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic