the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 F-150 3.5L Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
akcucv 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2017 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote akcucv
I've got a 2013 F150 3.5L and I'm looking for what wires need to be connected to a CM7200 for it to work properly. I've got the ignition wires figured out, but the grey #5 connector is the one I'm having a hard to understanding. I've got a blade AL immobilizer wired in and working correctly. Thank you in advance.
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2017 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
As the Blade module with TB-FM3 firmware only does transponder bypass, you'll need to connect the blue/white brake input at minimum. If you want the system to control locks you'll need the blue/green and blue lock and unlock outputs, and if you're using a hood switch you'll need the gray/black hood switch input. Yellow/black tach connection if you're not using tachless mode, and white horn output if you're connecting the horn.
akcucv 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2017 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote akcucv
Thank you for your response. The blue/white wire you speak of is for the foot brake correct? The grey connector has light blue/white for the brake input and a GWA blue/white. Not sure what the GWA is.
kaezoo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2017 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
akcucv wrote:
Thank you for your response. The blue/white wire you speak of is for the foot brake correct? The grey connector has light blue/white for the brake input and a GWA blue/white. Not sure what the GWA is.
Yes, I meant the light blue/white foot brake input. GWA stands for "ground when armed"; it's commonly used for a security starter kill feature.
akcucv 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2017 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote akcucv
Ok, so I've got the brake wired in with the light blue/white. As of now the remote start does not give a signal to start. I can hear the module clicking, but I don't get any voltage input for any of the starter wires from the CM7200 module. I'm missing something here. I've used the low voltage harness and have acc power, constant power, and the yellow start wire from the module to the truck ignition. Any ideas what i'm missing?
kaezoo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2017 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
Do you have the parking lights connected? If so, how many times are they blinking after you try to remote start?
Did you either connect the tach wire and go through the tach learning procedure, or re-program the 7200 for tachless mode?
akcucv 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2017 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote akcucv
Three times they flash. Which means bad tach signal right? Can I use the Coil Over plugs or should it be one of the injectors for the tach signal?
akcucv 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2017 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote akcucv
ALright, I changed it to advanced tachless and now the module is giving the signal to start. I've got ignition power but the engine doesn't start.
kaezoo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2017 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
Is there a light flashing on the dash or instrument cluster when it attempts to start?
akcucv 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2017 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote akcucv
No, everything comes on like normal. Sounds like it's going to start, but doesn't do anything. I'm rechecking to make sure I have the right ignition power. I know I have the right blue/white wire for the starter from the ignition plug. I do get the signal power to that wire to give it the start. It's got to be something with the truck that needs to be powered I would think.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic