the12volt.com spacer
icon

'03 Ford Explorer, Avital 4105 R.S. PKALL Bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2017 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
Ford uses GREEN/ violet for a lot of different functions, so don't assume that they're all disarm wires. The wire you want is connected to the key switch on the outside of the door; turning the key in the door grounds the wire and disarms the alarm. You'll need to use your multimeter to identify the wire that's goes to ground when the key is turned. No relay is required; just connect the remote start's disarm output directly to this wire.
kaezoo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2017 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
As for the rear glass control: there's a pink/orange wire that will work with a negative trigger, meaning you can just extend the RED / white trunk release output from the 4105 and connect it without a relay. The disadvantage to this wire is that it won't work if the doors are unlocked, so you'd have to unlock the doors then pop the rear glass.
The purple / YELLOW wire will pop the rear glass whether the doors are unlocked or not, but it requires a positive trigger so you'd need the relay.
You can find both these wires above the rear hatch opening, in the harness that runs into the hatch. This should be easier to access than going to the CTM in the C-pillar.
dustin4498 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2017 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dustin4498
Sounds good on the alarm disarm wiring.
I was wondering if it would work to tap into the wire that runs to the button on the lift gate to release the glass without the use of a relay. Thanks for confirming that! I think it would probably be better to have to unlock the doors first before popping the rear glass. You have to unlock the doors before you can leave the parking lot anyway after getting groceries, and it's not like pressing the unlock button first is too cumbersome since the remote will already be in hand to press the trunk release button. And, that way, you also don't have to worry about accidentally bumping the trunk release button and opening the glass after you've locked it. (Not that bumping the remote start or unlock button will be any less likely...) I will have to see whether or not the trunk release button on the factory FOB functions when the doors are locked. I will probably wire it to mimic how the factory FOB functions.
The only other thing to really put the cherry on top would be to wire up the rear defroster. Do you know if the defrost button on the dash uses a negative trigger as well? Just wondering so I know if I have to pick up a relay beforehand. I'm guessing it does but don't want to assume and will check with a DMM to verify attaching any wires.
I appreciate your help kaezoo!
kaezoo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2017 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
The output from the climate control is a negative trigger. It should be gray/light blue. I'm not sure, though, whether it requires a pulse or latched output, so you'll need to test.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic