the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Better Alarm Viper 790VX or Hornet 554T

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2003 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
ok here is the difference
the 790xv and the 554t are yes the same alarm they both have the same features and both have to extra channels. out.. problem now . the 554t two way remote. is am band and what that means is any little thing can interfere its signal to or from the car, now the 790 xv is a fm based transmiter it works ten times better., i have owned both. i had the 790 and then tried out the 554t in my car and only after 4 days have i desided. not for me..... too slow . ... the 790 is ontime meaning when you press unlock as long as you have range it will be activated by a short simple press and a conformation is givin at the same time as the car is doing it command,. now the 554t is not like that you have to hold it and wait for a response not long but its not as quick as the 790 and that is the difference .. another difference is the antenna the 790 ant is consists of a 1.5 inch x 1.5 inch box with two antenna stincking out of each side small skinny antenna but still the 554t is a single antenna which is a little fat. but thats ok.
my choise is the 790 over any other alarm on the market.. its worth the extra money...
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
x6369x 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
I've installed both the 554 and the 790, and the installation is identical. The only difference is the antenna.
Here's my list of plusses for each:
554:
  • second non-LCD remote,
  • smaller LCD remote,
  • clock on LCD remote,
  • timer on LCD remote (shows how much time is remaing on remote start and parking meter timer)
  • in vehicle paging to LCD remote via valet switch
790:
  • longer range,
  • LCD remote will actually differentiate between triggers (sensor 1 or 2) and types of triggers (warn vs alarm)
Friends Don't Let Friends Bump Stock.
antonio_resayo 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2003 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
Some company hurry up and devlop an alarm that can be integrated to my IPAQ 3955. All the features of the 790, data logging, infinite control, etc. (I'll just have to wait, *sigh*)
shimmy 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2003 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
just fyi, the viper does have a backlit LCD.
nighthawk2k 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2003 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
DEI Viper 790 Does have a backlit LCD Screen. You just Have to turn it on.
Press all four buttons down on the remote and you'll hear a beep. then you press unlock. Wait 5 seconds and it will exit programming. You'll have Illumination. It kind of uses the battery alot faster than usual.
Tommy
-Clifford/Directed/Alpine-Audio & Security-
New York InstallerBetter Alarm Viper 790VX or Hornet 554T - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic